Evoque Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Good day.

What would you guys think if I say I am thinking of buy an used Evoque as my second car?

Every time I mention about this to my friends, they all give me the thumb down. LOL.

I love the design & the look of Evoque.
But I was told that Range Rover Evoque is a problematic car & parts are expensive.

In my country an Evoque year 2011/13 cost about 35000USD & that's high price
and for that price, can get a brand new Japanese SUV.

But still, I like the Evoque for whatever the price is.

So, is the Evoque a worth buying car as a second car?

Thank you & any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Buying any used car is somewhat of a risk. I would only by a used Evoque if it came with a complete service history, so you can see what kind of problems, if any, the previous owner(s) had.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 2016 since July 2016 with nothing but oil changes, etc.. From what I can tell all the talk of problems is old news.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have had our 12 almost 3 years in may. I had to rebuild the rear diff due to bad bearings, for me not an major issue. To other maybe, replace the auxiliary battery, and the heater lines going into the firewall. Have over 110k on it now. We love it and most parts are expensive if you buy from LR itself. But a lot of parts can be found on eBay, amazon for the low, low.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome, Hui to the forum. I've been an Evoque owner since 2014, purchased new, and have driven the same car since. I must admit, I have only 40K on it, so that may make a difference, but it is my daily driver. Over the last six years, I've had it to JLR for small things, usually electrical glitches, but have had nothing major happen which would render my car un drivable. I did have to replace the tyres in 2017, with relatively low miles on them, but now I have Michelins and still appear new. I just had the brakes done, but that would be routine (but expensive).
Keep in mind, buying any European car, or any other modern car now days is always a crap shoot. There is so much tech built into them, mostly electronic. Cars have become drivable computers, just like phones have become pocket computers which incidentally you can use to talk on. I've even heard horror stories about Fords and Chevys. So it's a matter of pick your poison and hope for the best.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most people don't really interact with the online forums for a particular car unless they have an axe to grind, and given the sales numbers, those who post on forums are a small sample of the overall ownership.
So if you are considering buying a used Evoque, use due diligence. Bring it to an off site mechanic whom you trust to have it inspected; make sure you have all service records; and remember if it sounds too good to be true, maybe it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
Good day everyone
Thank you to you all for replying to my silly posting.

I have actually more or less made up my mind to buy it.

Come what may, good, bad or ugly, it does not really matter
as I think all negative views on Evoque are quote:
"From what I can tell all the talk of problems is old news."
I do totally agree with this statement by kramykram > Thanks mate.

Another statement by
bostonshark

: "just do what makes you happy, we cannot tell what's for tomorrow! "
I totally agree as I am now in my old age, could just drop dead tomorrow, LOL.

Presently I am using my only car left > Merc SLK R171, served me well
except that can't carry much in the boot, LOL.

OK, last but not least,
A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL
as you all have helped me to make up my fickle mind.

Have a nice day

·
Registered
5 Posts
I strongly agree with what Rsquared said. There is always a risk in buying 2nd hand item unless you personally know the owner. But you can check with a service center to know exactly the performance of the car. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts