1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys.

I'm new to the forums.
I'm looking to buy a Evoque dynamic.
I've gone to my local land rover dealer and they claim they have no control over what cars they get.
i.e. can't order what I want.

Basically the lady said they get a list of what and when they are getting cars for the year. they can not place an order for me.

is This TURE or FAULSE.

Does this go for all dealers? This is a pretty big dealing in Encino, CA

If someone else can requmend anywhere else that takes order.

Paying a premium price for a SUV you want to get what you want and not settle for what they have.

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AM
Evocurious,

Yha I thought it was funny also.

I also asked when the evoque 2012 was released they said October was the release month so should still have 6+ months left of this model.

Yha there are a small handful of other dealers out here a bit of a drive but this was the largest and closest to me. I may try and get ahold of the sales manager as well..

Just wasn't sure if this was standard in the states never bought a land rover before. If its not then I would look into other dealers but didn't want to waste my time if this is a standard thing with land rover.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply.

So basically taking you 5 months to get your car?

Maybe thats what it is getting close to the new model by then.

Hum not sure if i care to wait 5 months. could do 2 but 5 is a long time..

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thomas,

I am also looking to buy a new Evoque Dynamic but the dealers here (San Francisco Bay area, California) are all to happy to take my $1k deposit and place my order. They say it will take about 3 months to receive the SUV with my specifications. I've been trying my hardest to get any kind of abatement from the MSRP so I've been working the internet sales people from Redwood City, Sacramento, Roseville & San Jose. All to no avail. I will probably try to hold out until the Summer and order one then unless a Black Dynamic presents itself before then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thomas,

I am also looking to buy a new Evoque Dynamic but the dealers here (San Francisco Bay area, California) are all to happy to take my $1k deposit and place my order. They say it will take about 3 months to receive the SUV with my specifications. I've been trying my hardest to get any kind of abatement from the MSRP so I've been working the internet sales people from Redwood City, Sacramento, Roseville & San Jose. All to no avail. I will probably try to hold out until the Summer and order one then unless a Black Dynamic presents itself before then.

Bryanc,

Yha I am not to sure why the sales lady in Encino, CA told me they can not make special orders.

However I talked to the director of fleet in the land rover of Santa Monica, CA He stated they are really back ordered can take 5-6 months.
But he would be happy to take the order for me.. Also deposit for Car is $500.

FYI: I am also looking at buying 2 of them one for my wife and one for myself and still having a hard time.

It's a hard call if you ask me 5-6 month... If you wait like 2 more 2013's will prob be coming out.

The director also stated even though I place and order if one happens to come in before that time he would be more than happy to sell me that car as well.
So you not totally stuck..

FYI: I didn't know this but the trip on the boat alone is 28days to make it over here.

I'm not looking to purchase until March but if you hear of anything better please let me know. And I will do the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a order window that opens up once a month at Rover dealerships. If your dealer places your custom Evoque order during that order window, it will be 90-120 days until the car arrives at your home dealership. I've ordered 4 custom Evoques for clients, one showed up in 2.5 months and the longest wait that i have had is 100 days so far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Buying in the US doesn't have that many options. A couple of packages and you're done. However, different story if you're talking about color. I grabbed one off my dealer's lot. The color wouldn't have been my first or even my second choice if I factory ordered the vehicle. However, I like it (Galaway Green).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought mine at Encino and luckily they had exactly what I wanted but I had the issue of dealerships just telling me I could pick from what they had coming in and what wasn't already claimed. I bought mine in early nov and they had a $5k markup on everything and sold out of a huge stock within the year. I think they way they see it is people will buy what they get in either way so why custom order. I'm not sure if this issue is throughout the us but here in so-cal you can't buy outside of your area. Dealerships can only sell to people a certain distance from their location.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got the first one In Colorado, So mine came in with the Grey. I did not want to wait 6 months for the Blue I wanted. But they were able to take my order if I wanted to. I would go to another dealer if I was you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had every intention of Ordering as I did not figure my dealer would get one in exactly how I wanted it. We talked three times about what I wanted to order, but he had not had a 4 door in yet for me to see one in person. I was not going to order with out being in a 4 door first. He called and said he just got two 4 doors in, I went to look and one was exactly as I speced it out except the main color. I was going to order Orkney Gray, black top. He had the Fuji white and black top, all othe options were the same. Thing is once I saw the white I liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would, I think the black top helped. So I bought it.

Point is, my dealer would have ordered what I wanted. And this was in January of this year

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealer in San Jose emailed me to tell me that he had two 5 door dynamics with everything except the rear seat entertainment system. Also with style 6 rims. It is ironic because this is almost identical to the build I showed him 3 months ago but I didn't order it because he seems convinced that I'll never find one for under MSRP. So by the time I emailed him back a couple hours later he replied that he just sold them.

Next time instead of replying I'll just drive over to see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was flexible on color, but wanted a Dynamic with premium sound, NAV and Cold Weather package and was able to buy one off the lot.

BUT -
- The car that was available didn't have the CW package, so they agreed to 'add heated seats'. I was less than thrilled to find out they added aftermaket switches to the console... for some reason I expected to get stock controls.
- They did a good job of talking me out of a special order (claiming it would take 3-5 months)
- I was also surprised to hear they had no idea what vehicles were in transit... it seems hard to believe they have no idea what their allocation from the factory will be.

Recommendations:
- Be flexible wherever possible, but don't compromise on what you want.
- Shop dealers - travel if necessary - I expect there's inventory out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A dealer in Montreal told me that its a 4-5 month lead time, at least in Canada due to our small market. He also said they forecasted 20,000 sales world wide in the first year. Instead they got orders for 100,000 cars. Looks like trying to get a price break will be a challenge for awhile.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It seems in most areas I have been, the Evoques are not on the lot more than a day or two.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.