1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are locatEd on the right side of the valve cover and there are two of them, with electrical connections. They are simple sensors that sense the magnetic portions of the end of the cam shafts.
if you have a code for these sensors, it’s likely not the sensor but something involving The criteria that sets the code (timing, no reference voltage, etc.).
You could even get a camshaft position sensor code if the crank pulley was not in perfect timing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there! Just joined the forum and also having the same error this morning on a bad crankshaft position center. I tried to PM you as you previously instructed but received a message I am not able to yet. How else can I request the info on changing the sensors?
Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there! Just joined the forum and also having the same error this morning on a bad crankshaft position center. I tried to PM you as you previously instructed but received a message I am not able to yet. How else can I request the info on changing the sensors?
Thank you!
You don’t charge the sensors (sorry if there is something lost in translation). You need to check the sensor using a scope to see if they are functioning, then reference their function comparative to the crank sensor Position output from the crankshaft sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
T
Light Product Font Material property Screenshot

This is the error I saw this morning using the FIXD module. The check engine light appeared right after an odd start so I used this code reader and got this message. I was under the impression it needed to be replaced to be safe. Can someone provide the manual info as I would like to change the sensor just to be safe. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts