Evoque Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Evoque started overheating again after getting it back from the mechanic a little over 2 months ago. I took it back to the same mechanic and I was told that this time the car is overheating because the auxiliary battery and alternator has gone bad. Is this something that some owners have come across on their vehicles'? Is this true that the car can overheat because of those two parts? How does it relate to overheating? Would like thoughts on this. Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
An alternator will get very hot and burn up if it’s going bad - likely from trying to produce a charge with no place for it to go (bad battery). The engine over heating could be related if the belt is slipping and not driving the water pump properly.

·
Super Moderator
658 Posts
If it were me, I would get a second opinion. Also check to see if the electric cooling fans are running. There have been a lot of posts about bad fan modules. Most posts are about the fans not turning off, but a failed module could also prevent the fans from running. See the thread below for some more information about the fan module. Land Rover will not sell the module as a separate item, but they are available elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts