Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
With Winter coming...way to soon, and all the info about new compounds to clean, shine, polish and care for the Evoque, I was wondering if anyone had any recs for a good professional detaileraround the Boston area?
I've read a lot about the Gtechniq line and was hoping to get it applied by a pro.
Suggestions and thoughts welcome.
Many thanks.
Max.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No advice on Boston-specific location but a few things you should look for:

1. Any kind of swirl marks, no matter how light(hazing) is not acceptable for a detailer. It is pretty impossible to remove the very light swirls but a proper waxing should fill and make it unseen to the naked eye. I've tried numerous detailers and only 2 have been able to do this(and not surprisingly, it's the same peeps that detail Concours-level vehicles)
2. Careful about buffing the rear pillars(vertical pillars around your rear window). Any marks are next to impossible to remove because it's plastic. Should just leave it be(I'm unsure how difficult it is to replace)
3. Not a hard and fast rule but detailers that charge less than $200 for an exterior-only job seems to do a sub-par job. A complete detail with proper buffing should be a 5-8 hour job, even with new vehicles. A wash with claybar alone is about 2-3 hours. Buffing could easily be another hour, if not 2. Waxing and clean up(gotta wait for the wax to dry/cure) would be about another hour or two.
4. Tell them to not apply tire dressing unless it'll be dry before pick up. The product will spray all over the sides if not completely dry.
5. Door jams need to be cleaned and waxed!
6. Engine detail is a nice touch that the higher end places will include.
7. Clay bar of the windows should be part of the exterior detail. I always request a wax on them as well as it helps with beading during rain(for a while anyways)

I'm sure there's more but that's just the top of my head.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Max,

I recently purchased an evoque from your dealership (one week ago today). I saw you had an engine malfunction light in your 1st evoque. My engine light just came on - any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Connor,
The service techs are great in their efforts to resolve any and every problem. If you're really worried, speak to Ben who is the overall manager at Sudbury. He has now made the supervisors responsible for return of the vehicle only if the presenting problem is resolved.
Good luck 1
Max.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts