Evoque Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what are some cars that are similar to the range rover

2015 Original SPX AUTOBOSS V30 Elite Super Scanner Professional Autoboss V30 Diagnostic Scanner the Next Generation of Scan Tool English Language autoboss v30 diagnostic tool Online Free Update 3 Years Warranty Support Multi-brand Vehicles

·
Registered
518 Posts
what are some cars that are similar to the range rover
In what regard? There are several luxury SUV's on the market, but when you throw in the legendary off road capability combined with styling (especially the Evoque) I don't think there is much to compare. What other manufacturer makes a 2 door SUV besides the Jeep Wrangler? Comparisons can go on and on and I guess it comes down to purchaser's preference when considering the total package.:confused:

Reactions: Rsquared

·
Registered
67 Posts
I cross shopped the evoque with

BMW X3
Audi Q5
Lincoln MKC

Jeep Cherokee
Subaru Outback

All of which are excellent vehicles in their own right- just different. the Q5 had the best ride, the X3 was solid but plain. Styling was boring on both. the MKC had a great ride, beautiful interior and really quiet. Probably my favorite and came in second place. The evoque coolness factor one out, plus the off road ability and clearance was a clincher. All the same price with similar options.

the Jeep and Subie have the off road chops, and both are excellent vehicles, but neither had the interior quality or road feel of the evoque. and then there's the style thing. Both much cheaper tho'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just traded my 2013 RR Evoque Dynamic Black Pack for a 2015 Audi SQ5. I paid the same price for both, but the SQ5 is by far the better all around automobile. While you can give the nod to the Evoque in the styling department and off-road capabilities, the overall quality and refinement, transmission, interior space, MMI, and especially the supercharged V6 with over 350 hp and 350 ft lbs of torque puts it way ahead. I was also tired of pulling all the door panels off of a $56K Range Rover trying to quiet the buzzes and vibrations which were omnipresent...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Audi has the motor/tranny issue hands down. IMHO, the Evoque is the best handling small SUV I've driven. And no, I wouldn't bother with a macan that looks like every other Porsche. It is my favorite feature of the vehicle. The stereo is pretty damn awesome as well for its clarity, staging and overall musicality. Germans gave us Wagner, not exactly soothing--> their sound systems don't rock world either.
The Q5 is a MUCH larger vehicle (~180-182 inches)than the Evoque (171-172 inches). Evoque truly belongs with the compact SUVs. By ~8-9 inches in length. Audi is much heavier, and numb handling (like all Audis IMHO). Quattro never did it for me. My X35D AWD systems is vastly superior IMHO. I have track time with it to prove my point. Our vehicle has nary a creak or sound after first 9 months of ownership.

I'll gladly give you those car lengths in the straights cuz in the twisties, this car handles like a true sporty sedan. BTW race driving instructor.

Hopefully you won't lose it in a parking lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are some cheaper alternatives from Jeep and Toyota (Land Cruiser), I can’t even think of any other name worthy of a mention in this landscape!. On the expensive side, G-Class is a worthy competitor to the Range Rovers - (Sports/Full-Size) on off-roads and Porsche Cayenne competes on-road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Ford Explorer from interior feel perspective can be an option. You may also consider Toyota LandCruiser, most notably the FJ80 series, and the Mercedes ML class.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Loved my 2013 Evoque coupe. I traded it in for a used Porsche Macan Turbo several months ago. Reason? Land Rover never gave the Evoque the extra performance I wanted. The Macan is fantastic, all the way from the 2.0 liter four to the 3.6 liter Turbo. Five performance levels to choose from: Base, S, GTS, Turbo and Turbo PP. The base Macan is a slight increase in performance over the Evoque.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts