Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a catbypass pipe which was about 10 pounds lighter then the stock big bulky pipe. I had it installed and it barley even made a noise difference. However i do feel a greater increase in horse power and throttle response. IT feels like the acceleration is better. It might be due to me installing a K&N filter as well. Im hoping with these two mods my gas will get better by 5 MPGs. I also will be taking it back to that shop and the guy said he can put on a magnaflow muffler on for like 300 bucks. He stated turbo cars that have exhausts dont make as much noise from the exhaust as non turbo or supercharged cars. So im hopping the new mod will sound deeper and better and not like a freaking ricer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So post somewhere else. Good luck finding a busy Evoque forum.

Will be interesting to hear the difference in sound. Turbo'd cars are tough to make sound good with aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You may have added 1 HP with CAT delete pipe. Your K&N may be the bigger contributor here. Be prepared for the Magnaflow drone. I have one on my Evora S that I can't wait to throw away when my 2bular setup gets made. Seriously, they are not good and proper exhaust setup is not just a slap a can on approach to get correct harmonics etc.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sure, here's a response: you're wasting your time pulling the CAT -- will really get nothing in return, except you get to pump out pollutants. Plus can throw off tune. I live in So. Cal, the absolute soul of American car culture. Ferraris, Porsches, etc. are everywhere -- and all doing forty miles an hour on the 101 freeway. Goosing an Evoque? At the cost of poisoning my air? Sorry, don't get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts