Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original matte silver letters had become discoloured and had black marks on them. Appears that a cleaning shop used some type of corrosive of cleaning agent that reacted with the letters.

Decided to change them out. Ordered the sets on the internet and just finished the front and back. If you’re careful, just do it yourself by marking the original letter positions. Looks awesome having changed to gloss black.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Looks good!

I'm surprised the letters didn't come with a paper/cardboard template to help position the letters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good!

I'm surprised the letters didn't come with a paper/cardboard template to help position the letters.
They did come in a template but it was straight and didn’t have the aggressive curve for the hood or the more mild curve of the trunk. Total time was less than 2 hours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer did the same thing to the letters on my Evoque and acted like it was like that when we turned it in. We stuck to our guns and insisted it was their fault since we don't use corrosive chemicals at home for ANYTHING and they agreed to replace it. Just a warning to all, be aware of this before taking your car to dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts