Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the Evoque. Bought a 2012 Prestige last week.
I had the dealership install the lighted door sills, which I think are standard on the Dynamic. I assumed the light color on these would change along with the driver-selectable 'ambient lighting' setting. But the tread plates only glow blue.
Anyone know if the bulbs for that are easy to change to a different color?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the Evoque. Bought a 2012 Prestige last week.
I had the dealership install the lighted door sills, which I think are standard on the Dynamic. I assumed the light color on these would change along with the driver-selectable 'ambient lighting' setting. But the tread plates only glow blue.
Anyone know if the bulbs for that are easy to change to a different color?
I don't think they are replaceable, my Dynamic Evoque (Australian model) came without the lighted door sills and I brought a set as I though they are classy looking. So when I got the lighted set, they come all integrated - it does not appear that you can separate the lighted part from the plastic sill, well not that I noticed when I installed them. You may be able to take them off to look underneath, but taking the old ones off there seems no easy way to put them back on, as some of the clips are very weak and break.

You could do as I have done, change all your other globes to blue LEDs and then they fit in with every mood colour as long as its blue LOL (mine also have a chrome surrounding as extra protection)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks nice. Thanks for the reply and photos.
If you bought those interior lights online, can you please post the link to the website?
I would consider going with all blue like that, but since my vehicle's interior color palette is different, red or white lighting would probably look best in mine. That's why I was thinking of changing the tread plate light from blue to white.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks.
For now I may just leave the treadplate lights blue, and go with white LED bulbls for all the other interior lights, e.g. powerfuluk.com/products/range-rover-evoque-interior-led-bulb-upgrade-kit-(-8-led-).html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replace my interior lights to led today but now my door handle red lights are not coming on and the one on my center console as well any idea??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
I just replace my interior lights to led today but now my door handle red lights are not coming on and the one on my center console as well any idea??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't just use any LEDs to replace your existing bulbs. They have to be "CAN bus" compatible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts