Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I changed the cabin air filer in my 2013 Evoque. There are two well documented videos describing the procedure on line. This was the first time I've done this operation. I don't recommend it to anyone who expects it to be a 20 min. job as printed on the filter box (Mann filter, carbon impregnated.) Its more difficult than shown in the videos. Even when removing the metal bracket near the fuse area getting the filter into the slot it fits in is quite a chore due to the filter bend required and the possibility of breaking the filter frame. You are working blind because of the filters location and there is very little working space for your hands to direct it to its location. If you can contort yourself easily into the posture required, it will make it an easier job. It may also be easier if the car is on a lift 3 - 4 ft. off the ground. There is no pull flap to extract the installed filter from the slot as shown in the video. This filter change operation was supposed to have been done during the first complimentary dealer maintenance, but the extremely dirty condition of the filter I pulled out confirmed that it had never been done at this time. Most likely skipped because of its difficulty and impossible to check if it was done because of the hidden location. After completion the air coming into the car smelled so much fresher.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you have a link Dogscout?

So here are the steps.

1.0 remover the plastic cover below the glovebox. 1 clip on each end, give it a tug.
2.0 Remove the two wire bundles from the bracket. these have simple plastic lugs into the holes on the bracket. give them a tug and they will pull out
3.0 remove nut from bracket stud
4.0 remove bracket
5.0 open filter cover. three tabs on right side, open over like a door and remove the tabs on the left side, You'll see.
6.0 remove old filter. make certain you see the direction of air flow. DAMHIK
7.0 insert new filter. you will bend it and shove it and twist it. its okay really.
8.0 Reassembly is the reverse.

Pat your self on the back, grab a beer and congratulate your self. Tell the wife how awesome you are and mention it to the neighbors. Spend at least 15 minutes looking at the Evoque before calling it a day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did change it as well, it is bit tricky but can be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you get a "Shift to park before turning ignition off" error afterwards, check the connections on the aux battery beside the bracket. It's easy to knock it off without noticing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts