Evoque Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was sitting in the 2012 Evoque with 85k miles and the check engine light came on. I had been parked with the engine running for about 5 minutes. This morning I used an OBDII reader and got code P219A. The internet says; Air Fuel Ratio Imbalance Bank 1 and gives a host of possibilities. I wanted to ask here if anyone has seen the same code and what was the cause before I start mucking about on the car.

Please reply if you have seen or experienced this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the CE light came on again yesterday evening so I opened up the airbox this morning and again it was full of hickory nuts. Time to go to war with rodents. I park in the driveway, I have seen a pile of nuts with what looks to be a tunnel under the concrete. Watch out for explosions, I'm going full Caddyshack on this bastard.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
The only way I can see access into the air box, is through the flat air intake on the driver's side of the engine. You might want to try putting some screen or light mesh over the intake. I don't think it would block too much air, and might keep them out. The more worrisome thing for me, would be if they start to chew wires under the bonnet:mad:. Good hunting, I hope you get the critters!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are coming in through the water drain at the bottom of the airbox. The rubber flapper valve is chewed away and the plastic has star pattern across the hole has been eaten away. I may epoxy a kitchen strainer over the hole.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
WOW! I never would have guessed that they would chew their way in! They must really think the air box is "the" place, to stash their goodies:).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After further thinking on this; They may be coming in through the air intake pipe and were trying to get out through the water drain. In any case I will be doing some work on it today and hopefully will stop them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts