Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a cheep question, but when I see a set of running boards on eBay for $399 vs the $1200 from a dealership in Florida I have to ask it. I know they have sold some running boards as I have been in touch with the seller. I was wondering if anyone on the board has purchased them and if they can give some feedback. the running boards cost $192 and they charge $208 to ship. Also have a guarantee. Anyone have any feedback on these running boards. They look exactly the same. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343391847.172618.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was looking at the roof rails as well. If anyone has any feedback on those I'd appreciate it. Parts such as wheels or engine parts I prefer name brand stuff, but for bits like trim and roof rails I don't see why one would be any better than the other. I once bought a carbon fiber roof spoiler for my lexus for $100 shipped that rivaled the fit and finish of it's $600 name brand counterpart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont have personal experience with that supplier, but I would be surprised if the genuine Land ROver stuff is made in China also.

My iphone is made in China and that works great. They have some good stuff as well as stuff crappy stuff comig out of there

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bit the bullet and bought the roof rails from caticautomotive on ebay along with the cross bars. ($420) I also bought the Thule slide out ski/board carrier online for $150 so total $570 shipped which is less than what LR wants for just the rails! I'll post pics when it's installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the side tubes , the roof rails and roof racks from catiautomotive on ebay around $650. They seem fine . Haven 't installed the side tubes ,missing fitting instructions, does anyone have them.?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, can you post some pics once installed. Would like to see what they look like father install. Thank you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My aftermarket roof rail and rack is on its way. Was wondering if anyone fitted one on a pano roof yet? Do I need the finisher trim kit, or does the package have it? I purchased it from the same ebay seller(catiautomative or something along those lines)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I contacted the seller to ask him and he said no other parts are needed for pano roof. That being said, I don't know if I trust that. Please report as soon as you can as to whether a finishing kit is necessary. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I messaged infinus(poster above my post). He had made mention that he bought from the same seller and at a later post talked about finishing trim not sitting right(did find out from another evoque forum that some owners had to dremel a tab on the finishing piece to get it to sit flush). I'll update as soon as I hear back.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes it comes with the finishers and that's what I had fitment trouble with. Im wondinering if I should just go buy the OEM finishers instead. I wonder if the will work with the ebay rails as I'm not too happy with the finishers on the ones that come with them. The rubber seals are flimsy and look like they will fall apart easy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@infinus: I was just thinking the same but like I had mentioned in my PM, some owners using the original LR finishing trim had fitment issues too(it wasn't sitting flush) so I'm unsure if buying OEM would help in this instance(but I would be curious to see if the OEM would fit the aftermarket rails). I'll report and post pics when mine arrives. I guess it won't be here until end of next week(or even early the following week because of Labor Day). :( That'll give me time to get the vehicle in for the vinyl wrap though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The ebay ones from catiautomotive fitted just fine on mine , Its just that there are too many different parts that is a bit confusing.There are some plastic parts that you use them just to fix the position and then you throw them away. You have to follow the directions to the letter in order to do it and you need the right tools to do so.(tighten the bolts).

The only difference from the OEM is that , in order to install the roof rails you need to remove the top plastic cover....:cool: In the OEM there is a part that covers this channel in the roof (plastic strip so to say), in the other its just a small cover in the front and back and if you stand on top of the car you can see the gap.(channel). I will post some pictures ...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts