Evoque Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my clear taillights the other day and they are very easy to install. The good thing is it's direct plug and play as my clear taillights, smoked headlights and foglights came from UK. Was alittle worried that the pin connector would be different from the UK and US Evoques.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a problem with these headlights. I've been trouble shooting with Dan and also another member in the UK. Apparently the UK/EU Bixenon's can swivel (like our US Versions) but also have another feature called Static Bend light in which us US Evoques do not have. This is what is causing my Adaptive Front Headlight warning light to flash all the time because they are not compatible with US Evoques. Dan at Duckworth was able to find some smoked US Version Bixenon with Adaptive Lighting (Swivel) and without Static Bend ligthing. Only difference would be these new headlights will have the ugly US yellow reflectors but at least they will be smoked.

I should be receiving the new US smoked headlights from Dan in UK next week and have my dealer install them middle of next week. I will then report back if these will work and will not trip any AFS warning light. Therefore if these work, the only smoked headlamps that will work for the US Evoques that came with Bixenons will be the US Smoked Version with AFS and without Static Bend.

I wanted to make sure with UK first before reporting our findings. Will report back after the new headlights are installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry but the taillights look very cheap to me as if its something you see on a little Honda civic race car. The clear just take away the class from the car. That's just my opinion however....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
haha...Definitely a personal choice. I know Lexus has had clear taillights standard since 2004. Porsche came out with clear taillights for their 997.2 models also so I'm not concerned about the ricer look. Some of the aftermarket Honda Civic clear taillights has red center round lense...similar to the stock Evoque.:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not legal to have fully clear tail lights. Clear turn signals with orange bulbs are cool, but the brake lenses should always be red, by law.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's not legal to have fully clear tail lights. Clear turn signals with orange bulbs are cool, but the brake lenses should always be red, by law.
Clear taillights are legal but when braking they must turn red in which the Evoque's special edition does. If clear taillights with red brake lights are illegal then Lexus RX has been illegal since 2004 as their stock taillights are clear but red when braking. Also, the special edition Evoques that are in the US wouldn't be for sale at US LR dealerships if it didn't pass DOT. Similar with the 2004-present Lexus RX and 2007-present Mazda CX7 and 997.2 PCars such as GT3s, Outlander and Sienna with all stock clear taillights with red brake lights when engaged. 35255_027291_535.JPG 2010cx7-rs.jpg 2011GT3RSGreyBlack3K2a.jpg 2010-Mitsubishi-Outlander-GT-Rear-View.jpg Sienna_SE-thumb-717x477-98744.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mohsin

haha...Definitely a personal choice. I know Lexus has had clear taillights standard since 2004. Porsche came out with clear taillights for their 997.2 models also so I'm not concerned about the ricer look. Some of the aftermarket Honda Civic clear taillights has red center round lense...similar to the stock Evoque.:eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a problem with these headlights. I've been trouble shooting with Dan and also another member in the UK. Apparently the UK/EU Bixenon's can swivel (like our US Versions) but also have another feature called Static Bend light in which us US Evoques do not have. This is what is causing my Adaptive Front Headlight warning light to flash all the time because they are not compatible with US Evoques. Dan at Duckworth was able to find some smoked US Version Bixenon with Adaptive Lighting (Swivel) and without Static Bend ligthing. Only difference would be these new headlights will have the ugly US yellow reflectors but at least they will be smoked.

I should be receiving the new US smoked headlights from Dan in UK next week and have my dealer install them middle of next week. I will then report back if these will work and will not trip any AFS warning light. Therefore if these work, the only smoked headlamps that will work for the US Evoques that came with Bixenons will be the US Smoked Version with AFS and without Static Bend.

I wanted to make sure with UK first before reporting our findings. Will report back after the new headlights are installed.
there's another major issue you're looking over:

The UK projector assemblies are designed for RHD vehicles that drive on the left side of the road. There is a step in the light output that steps up into oncoming traffic if you're using the wrong lights.

Like so:

It sounds like you've since gotten rid of the lights, but for future reference/anyone else considering what you were up to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts