Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I have been looking (for days online) for a car for our 15 year daughter. We have been looking at USED 4Runners and Evoques. Both around the $15k - $19k. I love the sleekness of the Range Rover and it also has a nice reputation of luxury behind its name. Daughter loves it as well. The 4Runner is just known for reliability. In looking at reviews, I seem to find tons of bad reviews about the Evoque. Can any of you please share with me what experience you've had with yours? Surely, the car can't just fall apart after a month of driving as soom say, but I would love to hear from you. Evoque years we've been looking at have been 2013 - 2015....

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Manual (✅) or auto (❌) ?
Actually in not sure you could ever get manual in USA..

Digging a little deeper, are you sure a smaller, easier to maneuver/park/learn in, cheaper to repair car wouldn't be a wiser option for a teenager?

·
Registered
53 Posts
She would be the class of the class rockin' up in a RR Evoque at 16yrs old. Like Hdakajime, I would think something easier to drive/see out of and maintain (something she could learn hands on...a skill that never goes amiss) would be more appropriate. That is unless her classmates are driving BMW's and Porsches.

·
Registered
2016 Evoque HSE
6 Posts
You didn't state how many miles you expect on the odometer.
I have a 2016 HSE which I really enjoy.
The only issue I have is the auto lock on the drivers door. This is a common problem.
Replacing the cabin filter is a super PITA.
If you have the auto start, there is a separate battery that needs to be replaced when it doesn;t work.
I also had a problem with beeping in the rain. There is a bulletin for that. RR fog light.
Changing oil requires the removal of a aerodynamic air dam that covers the bottom of the engine It rusts and may need to be painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts