Evoque Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I fell in love with the Evoque at the 2018 NY Auto Show, and have been very much interested in purchasing one ever since. I like to own my vehicles for a long time (I've had my current X3 for 12 years), and I'm concerned with the long term reliability of the Evoque. I've read many articles that explain potential issues, and I find them to be rather discouraging, so I wanted to ask a few questions to people who actually own them to find out their opinions and experiences. I would greatly appreciate any feedback that can be provided.

I'm currently torn between a 2018 with the 286hp engine, and a 2017 with the Ford 240hp engine. Any advice on which engine is better/more reliable? Is there a significant difference?

I've read/heard that the turbo lag is pretty noticeable. Is it? Does it impact acceleration at important points in time, such as intersections, roundabouts, etc? If so, has anyone done anything to rectify the issue?

I've also read that the gearbox commonly has issues. Have any of you experienced this? Is there any preventative maintenance that could be done to prevent any issues further down the line?

Have any of you had your Evoque for over 5+ years? Has it been reliable? Any commonplace issues? If you could go back in time, would you still purchase it or choose another vehicle instead?

Thanks for your patience regarding this lengthy post. Again, any information provided is greatly appreciated and invaluable regarding my decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I fell in love with the Evoque at the 2018 NY Auto Show, and have been very much interested in purchasing one ever since. I like to own my vehicles for a long time (I've had my current X3 for 12 years), and I'm concerned with the long term reliability of the Evoque. I've read many articles that explain potential issues, and I find them to be rather discouraging, so I wanted to ask a few questions to people who actually own them to find out their opinions and experiences. I would greatly appreciate any feedback that can be provided.

I'm currently torn between a 2018 with the 286hp engine, and a 2017 with the Ford 240hp engine. Any advice on which engine is better/more reliable? Is there a significant difference?

I've read/heard that the turbo lag is pretty noticeable. Is it? Does it impact acceleration at important points in time, such as intersections, roundabouts, etc? If so, has anyone done anything to rectify the issue?

I've also read that the gearbox commonly has issues. Have any of you experienced this? Is there any preventative maintenance that could be done to prevent any issues further down the line?

Have any of you had your Evoque for over 5+ years? Has it been reliable? Any commonplace issues? If you could go back in time, would you still purchase it or choose another vehicle instead?

Thanks for your patience regarding this lengthy post. Again, any information provided is greatly appreciated and invaluable regarding my decision.
Don’t purchase an Evoque or any other Land Rover products. I have a 2016 Evoque that I purchased brand new for my wife. She saw one and wanted one. Bought it in November 2015. Currently has under 18,000 miles. It’s been in the dealer for service around 15 times for recalls, sensor issues, electrical issues, antenna issues, windshield replacement two months after we purchased the vehicle, windshield sealer, engine stopping while driving!!! There’s more issues 😢. The extended warranty helped I suggest buying that if you decide to purchase the car. We’re so disappointed with this car and manufacturer. Will never purchase this car brand again. It’s our first and last Land Rover!!! I contacted the manufacturer customer service department per our service manager’s suggestion, they were awful! Man was polite but no help whatsoever. They are disconnected with the dealerships, no customer service support whatsoever!! Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t purchase an Evoque or any other Land Rover products. I have a 2016 Evoque that I purchased brand new for my wife. She saw one and wanted one. Bought it in November 2015. Currently has under 18,000 miles. It’s been in the dealer for service around 15 times for recalls, sensor issues, electrical issues, antenna issues, windshield replacement two months after we purchased the vehicle, windshield sealer, engine stopping while driving!!! There’s more issues 😢. The extended warranty helped I suggest buying that if you decide to purchase the car. We’re so disappointed with this car and manufacturer. Will never purchase this car brand again. It’s our first and last Land Rover!!! I contacted the manufacturer customer service department per our service manager’s suggestion, they were awful! Man was polite but no help whatsoever. They are disconnected with the dealerships, no customer service support whatsoever!! Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps?

WOW!

I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible experience, but I thank you for sharing it - it's greatly appreciated. I have taken your words into heavy consideration and will certainly think twice regarding my decision. Thanks again, and I wish you good fortune with your next vehicle purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2015 Evoque that has 42,000 miles and has never been in for more than routine service in the six years I’ve owned it.
Guess I’ve been lucky so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW!

I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible experience, but I thank you for sharing it - it's greatly appreciated. I have taken your words into heavy consideration and will certainly think twice regarding my decision. Thanks again, and I wish you good fortune with your next vehicle purchase.
You are welcome. My wife wants to sell it and purchase, get this, a new Ford Bronco!!! I bet the reliability factor is much better with a Ford 😀! I have a 2015 Chrysler 300 very reliable. I love the ride, looks and performance with a 295 hp 6 banger!! My teenager wants to use my car to take his girlfriend to the prom!! I’m glad I could help you with your decision.
I have a 2015 Evoque that has 42,000 miles and has never been in for more than routine service in the six years I’ve owned it.
Guess I’ve been lucky so far.
You are lucky 🍀. It’s good to know that you’ve had a great experience with your car. 👍. Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts