Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the Bi-xenon headlights with HID OEM unit on ebay to convert my halogen headlight.. The Bi-Xenon DRL's lit up just fine but the HID doesnt fire up. Need some help.. I have converted the halogen bulbs to HID's on the past but then you don't have the Daylight Running Lights (DRL's).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you ever have any luck Tsan1984. Hoping you'll post your solution if/when you get one. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever have any luck Tsan1984. Hoping you'll post your solution if/when you get one. Good luck.
Nothing yet, my passenger side works perfect, DRLS work on the right side as well, but not the HID, it comes on and then shuts off

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nothing yet, my passenger side works perfect, DRLS work on the right side as well, but not the HID, it comes on and then shuts off
Do the ballast match? I purchased preowned and the day I took it home the headlights were intermittent, not to mention the lights were different colors. I pulled the ballasts out and noted different bulb type and voltage values on the ballasts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the ballast match? I purchased preowned and the day I took it home the headlights were intermittent, not to mention the lights were different colors. I pulled the ballasts out and noted different bulb type and voltage values on the ballasts.
Not sure I understand the question.. I bought two similar DRL lights from eBay.. Have now shipped to Drew's garage, they will do the conversion to work on RR Evoque Pure to perform as the ones on premium/ dynamic. If you were to convert the bulbs to HID, the ballast connectors won't match.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was commenting on the statement in quotes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts