Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2015 I got a coolant low warning and I checked and it was just below the min. I topped it off to the max while cold ( didn't spill a drop). I then started it ran it for about 5 minutes as I was pulling it in to get on the lift to check out an oil leak on my ~1 year turbo from Turbo Parts Canada. I was under it and noticed a bit of a leak dripping off the bottom directly below the coolant tank. I looked up and the I can see a wet line running all the down the inboard part of the wheel well liner. But I loose it at the top. I only see a tiny hose and a medium size hose connecting to the plastic tank and they appear to be fine. I also didn't notice any coolant directly under the tank when looking from the top. This has me concerned that it could be the water pump, but I'm not sure it would get all the way out on the wheel well liner. Also, I had the car up on the rack running for 20 minutes looking for the location of the oil leak and the coolant never leaked anymore after the initial drips when first started.

It seems coolant looks are fairly common on these. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 2015 I got a coolant low warning and I checked and it was just below the min. I topped it off to the max while cold ( didn't spill a drop). I then started it ran it for about 5 minutes as I was pulling it in to get on the lift to check out an oil leak on my ~1 year turbo from Turbo Parts Canada. I was under it and noticed a bit of a leak dripping off the bottom directly below the coolant tank. I looked up and the I can see a wet line running all the down the inboard part of the wheel well liner. But I loose it at the top. I only see a tiny hose and a medium size hose connecting to the plastic tank and they appear to be fine. I also didn't notice any coolant directly under the tank when looking from the top. This has me concerned that it could be the water pump, but I'm not sure it would get all the way out on the wheel well liner. Also, I had the car up on the rack running for 20 minutes looking for the location of the oil leak and the coolant never leaked anymore after the initial drips when first started.

It seems coolant looks are fairly common on these. Any ideas?
I have a 2012 Pure Plus 2l Ecoboost. Don’t know what has changed up to 2015 but I had a similar issue. My issue turned out to be the seal between the cap and the tank. Neither pressure test (cap or system) would be able to find it. When the car was hot after a run and sat the pressure would overwhelm the poor seal of the cap to bottle and overflow through the relief tube which on the 2012 is integral with the bottle!!! Once I replaced both the cap and bottle all was fixed! Good luck!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2012 Pure Plus 2l Ecoboost. Don’t know what has changed up to 2015 but I had a similar issue. My issue turned out to be the seal between the cap and the tank. Neither pressure test (cap or system) would be able to find it. When the car was hot after a run and sat the pressure would overwhelm the poor seal of the cap to bottle and overflow through the relief tube which on the 2012 is integral with the bottle!!! Once I replaced both the cap and bottle all was fixed! Good luck!
Thanks. Does the relief tube empty below the plastic tank? How did you determine the seal was bad?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. Does the relief tube empty below the plastic tank? How did you determine the seal was bad?
Yes on my 2012 in spewed coolant right below the tank. I thought the bottle was cracked. I had been fighting the car throwing up coolant at times usually when it had been run hard (freeway) and shut off or just after shut down from a long drive in slow city traffic. It would pass the cap test and it would pass the system pressure test just fine. Driving me nuts and mechanics I took it to. On a pure guess, I ordered the cap and bottle and hot damn fixed! Because the cap and bottle each passed their tests no one thought to check how they worked together. Somehow where they sealed would be overwhelmed only when the pressure and temp peaked right after shut down after a hot run. It was a really head scratcher and then it wasn't. I really hope your issue is as simple to fix as my was after I finally figured it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts