Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Evoque is due for cooling system service. I want to drain, flush and replace the coolant myself. Does anyone have step by step procedures for this? Haven’t been able to find a YouTube video that covers the Evoque. Any tips from someone who has serviced there cooling system would be appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, I can’t believe I did not get one response to this question? I took my car to a local shop that has a cooling system flush and replace machine. Took them the anti-freeze I wanted to use, Prestone Universal, and had the system completely flushed out and the new fluid mixed to 50/50 mixture and replaced. Cost for service was $62 plus $39 for three gallons of concentrated antifreeze. Cheaper than going to the dealer!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Unfortunately this car or the brand itself does not have many DIY people. That’s why people say it costs an arm and leg to own them because they only go to the stealer.

Glad you got it done so cheap.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I had to drain the coolant when I was doing the turbo replacement on my 2015. The radiator drain petcock was very hard to reach on this vehicle. I could barely get my hands on it, and then it was very hard to turn. I didn't flush, I just drained it out and then filled it back up. I used the stuff that is specified in the manual (Texaco/Havoline XLC coolant). It was in stock at the local Napa but unfortunately they seem to not sell much of it (they all had dust on them) and the guys there said they weren't going to carry it anymore. But I think the XLC coolant is basically the same thing as DEXCOOL.

And like 335i said, there seems to be almost no DIY LR owners. That has been one of my biggest disappointments with owning one. With every other car I have owned, the forums have been filled with all kinds of technical information, but your best resource for a LR would be to pay for (temporary) access to the factory manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts