Evoque Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi got a problem with mi evoque 2012 y change the timing chain and tge intake sproket and now i got the p0017 code and y got the timing tool kit to instal it .what could it be ?

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
I have sent you an e-mail with sections from the service manual, on how to install and align the crankshaft pulley and pulley sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have a problem with a Range Rover Evoque 2.0 lts 2012. Same code p0016. It works perfectly, steady RPMS. Can you help me with the procedure? Thanks!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What I have sent other forum members, is the procedure to install and properly align the crankshaft pulley with the crankshaft position sensor. If you haven't removed the crankshaft pulley, or the position sensor, then I'm not sure what I have will help you. But, if you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can forward what I have to you.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
I have sent you the sections of the manual for installing the crankshaft pulley and the crankshaft position sensor.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have sent you an e-mail with the sections of the service manual I think you will need.

Good luck!
Hi, I am having a similar issue, 2012 Evoque 2.0 174,000 miles. Changed the sprocket due to the pin coming out. After repairing that, truck runs great for 10 minutes, then the check engine light comes on and the idle is very rough and low. I have to put in neutral to keep running, once I start to go, it runs fine, lots of power. Got codes p0017, p008A, p000B, p0026, p0027, p0366, p0505. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
You said you changed the "sprocket", are you referring to the crankshaft pulley? If so, did you use the proper special alignment tools required to align the crankshaft pulley to the crankshaft position sensor? If not, that may be your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One more thing to mention, Had taken it apart without the tools the first time, is there a way to set the timing from scratch since I did not lock into position before repair?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry Rsquared, did not see reponse. I replaced the camshaft sprocket. I removed the crank pulley and I did not use the special tools on disassembly.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
The special tools would be used when installing the crankshaft pulley, to align it properly with the crankshaft position sensor. If you want to PM me your e-mail address I can e-mail you the instructions for aligning the crankshaft pulley to the crankshaft position sensor. Not sure about setting the timing from scratch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rsquared, thanks for your help. I have confirmed with my mechanic, he followed the procedure as per manual (he is using All Data manual) and used special tool set from LR dealer. the code P0016 still there. There is NO performance issue or any other problems.

Any other idea , what could be behind the P0016 ?
My 2012 petrol RR Evoque has EXACTLY the same issue... Bloody annoyed with it all... Curious if SLAWEK ever got his sorted???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All, Engine Check ligth still on. P0016 is on. No issues - running strong.
Ontario emission check cancelled by Conservative government - it was based on the ODB scan J
Ps. Went to dealer for powering steering bracket recall.
They found issues for $9K, without looking at OBD code (P0016).
My master mechanic said it is normal behaviour for 7 years old car, no emergency – we keep eye on the list (if anyone interested I could scan and post estimate for comparison).
I was impressed by service advisors wearing spotless white shirts ( x3 - 3 advisors waiting for customers)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, Engine Check ligth still on. P0016 is on. No issues - running strong.
Ontario emission check cancelled by Conservative government - it was based on the ODB scan J
Ps. Went to dealer for powering steering bracket recall.
They found issues for $9K, without looking at OBD code (P0016).
My master mechanic said it is normal behaviour for 7 years old car, no emergency – we keep eye on the list (if anyone interested I could scan and post estimate for comparison).
I was impressed by service advisors wearing spotless white shirts ( x3 - 3 advisors waiting for customers)
Hi Slawek
Thanks for the update... Pre engine work being done, I had the P0016 and P0017 codes... Post engine work, the P0016 remained. Along with timing parts replacement, I had a damaged intake camshaft actuator... Damn annoying and crazy expensive.
Anyways - I solved the problem. I no longer own the car - I bought a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport instead.
Good luck with it all.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts