Evoque Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
In order to remove crankshaft pulley, you must use a special timing tool kit. Remove bolt once crankshaft pulley is secured, and tighten to 100nm plus 90degress. Also you must replace the diamond friction washer or your pulley will not turn properly etc.
Depening on why you need to remove the crankshaft pulley, you may want to set the timing at TDC using the timing kit and flywheel keeper that goes where starter goes.
I just replaced a burnt valve on cylinder 4 and did this procedure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GtKhali, Welcome to the forum.

If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you some pictures and a write up from the Factory Service Manual on how to correctly install the Crankshaft Position Sensor. You do need a special tool. I have seen the JLR-303-1595 Alignment tool, Crankshaft Damper, advertised for around $50.00.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rsquared, I own a 2016 evoque and the serpentine belt broke. I ended up having to replace the tensioner, crankshaft pulley, and serpentine belt. I started the car and it took a few seconds to start, I got gear box failure, HDC not available, operating on 2 wheel drive only. I didnt know I was going to have to realign the crankshaft pulley. I have the tool u mentioned that is required but dont know the proper alignment of the crankshaft pulley. Appreciate your help. The new crankshaft pulley came with vague instructions to align pulley to #1, I'm guessing they mean spark plug #1? Does it need to be set to TDC?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts