Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone have a problem with their new Evoques having creaking in their doors? Mine is on the driver's side. It's like plastic or stuff which has been tighten too tight. It's more apparent when I am driving up carpark slopes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This seems pretty common.
Try lubricating the rubber stripping with WD 40. This helped mine. Then I purchased "Gummi Pflege Stift", a more longer lasting lubricant and things have been much quieter,
Apparently it's partly due to the unibody construction and flexing of the doors.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there Scratt123, Our evoque seems to have the same creaking problems you are having. Could you please advise as to what parts your dealer are ordering to resolve. The door creaking on our evoque is worse on warm dry days, think its to do with the outer felt seals that touch the body of the car ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Will update you as soon as I know .it goes in this weds and have told them don't want it back until it is sorted as they did my passenger door at first then three weeks later it was back along with the other three doors

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks you for your reply, will look forward to your reply when you get your evoque back later this week. I have also been told that if you use a liquid called gummi phlege this cures our problems - this stuff can be found on e bay, it seems to be a lubricant that is for car door seals :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello everyone,
CRACKING SOUNDS in the doors...
I noticed the same issue and when I touched the screws that hold the hinge, specially in the drivers side, they were completely loose.

You need to inspect all screws from all doors, you will notice they are loose, all you need to do is TIDE THEM UP and the cracking noise will disapear.

Hey, it is a 60K worth car...at least we should face some problems!
First and last Range Rover...waiting to sell mine and move to a JEEP Grand Cherokee Overland (way superior) have a look personally, you will be impressed.

Regards,
brazeagle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi TobyGot car back today worse then ever! They replaced all four door seals but no joy.then got in it tonight and everything went haywire .no lights on console, blind spot switched itself off iPod would not connect,sat nav stalled etc etc think its having a hissy fit lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scratt what has the dealership advised their next step is to rectify your creaking doors / seals? also how come you are having issues with the other things?
Has your dealership requested a technician from landrover comes to your dealership to take a look at your car to advise? Lets know as ours goes in a week monday

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi TobyMy dealership rang me yesterday and could not apologise enough. He said that land rover said replacing all four seals was appropriate but obviously not worked so he is going to speak to them again and see what else can be done .apparantly they have two other cars in that are having the same problem with the seals so glad it's not just me being paranoid lol. Regarding the other problems he said just to keep an eye on it and if it happens again will have it straight in.let me know what happens at your dealership.are you based in the uk?Cheers Claire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Claire, yes we are based in the UK. Our car goes in a week Monday to get a few issues sorted along with the creaking door seals - i think it is the felt part of the door seal - the very outer one that comes into contact with the car and the "a" pillar when closed.
Apparantly LR are aware of this issue but seem to struggling with a solution. In my eyes thats not good enough on a so called prestigious car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Toby I totally agree my dealership said just to leave it with them but if land rover don't have a solution where does that leave us.? I know it is not a serious problem like an engine malfunction or anything like that but if I had expected to have squeaks and constant noise would have bought a ten grand car not forty five grand.!!! Let me know if you have any better news from your end cheers claire..ps they only replaced my rubber seals not the felt ones and they put thinner ones on the drivers door !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Claire, I gave this a go over the weekend and up to now it seems to have improved things: google gummi phlege and order it through e bay... It is a German made lubricant - BMW seem to use it for the same issues we are having with our cars door seals it comes with a sponge applicator so its easy to use..... I applied this "gummi phlege" to our evoques felt outer door seals - and it seems to have sorted upto now. Its not expensive around £9 with delivery. Its worth a try

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try opening your front doors and press on the "pillars" on either side of the windshield. Mine had panels that were loose and gave off the creaking sound when you push them down. Will take it in and see what they will do to stop it. I often notice it while driving at freeway speeds.

evo.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Same issue started up on mine about two weeks ago and noticed it first parked on hills but now it progressed to all times. Thank you everyone in the thread for mentioning gummi phledge.

Going to give that a shot :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
nf3d0149ab: Can you please let us all know your results when you have given the gummi phledge a shot on your Evoque? Ours is still creak free but the weather in the uk is not that warm at the moment -so I dont know if its the colder weather thats keeping the creaking at bay or the gummi phledge thats worked?
(I just applied it to the top outer felt seals, the ones which come in to contact with the car)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I find that the Gummi has to be applied fairly regularly,( every 2 weeks or so) and after a car wash.
I think the creaking is due to flexing of the chassis.
I'm not sure it's the whole answer and am wondering if there is also noise emanating from the roof liner ?

PS.
Mine's a Coupe.
Dealer suggest the Coupes are "noisier"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts