Evoque Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good news! CURT will be releasing a redesigned hitch for Evoque, Curt Hitch Part Number 13141. It is scheduled for production shortly according to a representative from Curt earlier today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any word on when the redesign will be available? Just got my Evoque 2 weeks ago and am eager to get a hitch installed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
13128 has been fixed to fit 2013 Evoques. Had mine installed last week. Bolt hols lined up perfectly and no cutting of the bumper required anymore!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any recommendations for wiring? Aftermarket? Dealer only? Is there reprogramming required?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, I didn't get wiring done as I will be using a bike carrier and basket in the hitch receiver for deer hunting. Hence no need for wiring. I paid $280 installed from Auto One in Wixom, MI. Took them about 30 minutes and with no facia cutting, I think one could do it themselves rather easily.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been looking for this for the same deal. Tray on the back and bike carrier. I just checked out uhual and they are installing the curt 131(41) pretty sure it's the 141, but there is still a 3.25 inch wide and 1 inch high cut in the fascia. I googled the part # and curt and it came to the curt mfg PDF on the 13141 install sheet. Uhaul's install sheet is exactly the same. http://www.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/13141/installsheet/CM_13141_INS.PDF
Glad to see this post as its just what I have been looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone looked at the two harness (plugs) located in the left rear behind the wheel well? Are these for the trailer / hitch electrical hook up? Is this a dealer only item? I am planning to install the Curt 13128 or 13141 hitch myself without the trailer plug connection. If there is an aftermarket electrical harness, that would be helpful as well. I am hearing that reprogramming is required from the dealer once someone has tapped into the harness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry, haven't looked at the wiring on my end. I did get the new Curt hitch installed on Monday by my local u-haul. Painless and only $238.00. took them less than an hour. dropped the car off at 12:00 and picked it back up at 1:00. Even better news, They did not cut any of the fascia. Vehicle fascia is in pristine condition. Pic included ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360086727.107872.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks like a nice, clean install. It looks like it hangs down pretty low, I'm sure it reduces ground clearance by a good bit. Not that many of us do much 4-wheeling with our Evoques, just sayin..

·
Registered
35 Posts
9 inches clearance. Doesn't bother me as I won't be climbing red rocks anytime soon. Here's a clearance picture. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360260272.926948.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, haven't looked at the wiring on my end. I did get the new Curt hitch installed on Monday by my local u-haul. Painless and only $238.00. took them less than an hour. dropped the car off at 12:00 and picked it back up at 1:00. Even better news, They did not cut any of the fascia. Vehicle fascia is in pristine condition. Pic included View attachment 686
Hey so I was researching this hitch and I saw on the website that there is some trimming needed but you obviously installed it without doing so.... can you give me the link to where you bought it from? I just wanna be sure to buy the right hitch because i do not want to trim anything off my car!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just ordered and installed the hitch myself (3128). I did trim 1" as required. However this is a good thing as you would be getting more hight (ground clearance). Paid $160 including wiring from Canadian hitches.(RDH sales) and received it in a couple of days. For anyone doing own installation here are a few tips.Trimming can be done by using dremel. Not a full inch was required in my case. I would suggest 3/4 for even cleaner cut. Trimming can be cleaned up by using fine sandpaper. Cut is barely noticeable and looks factory. Dry fit first so you know exactly where the cut will beUse torque rench if you can to ensure proper torque and avoid over tightening. hoist is not needed a 4x4 piece of wood worked well to rest exhaust. Use wd40 to lube rubber mounts prior to removing. Rubber exhaust mounts were removed successfully using instructions. Take your time especially when cutting, trace it out first its not hard. Cutting is important behind the exterior "black plastic". I have not yet confirmed if wiring works but plugs in to socket under. Dealer quoted $950 + labor and taxes for in my opinion an inferior hitch (cosmetic wise)Update:So here what I had to do for the connection. The curt connector was a little smaller than the oem insert. So simply said the wires from the curt adapter removed and inserted into existing adapter. 1. Remove existing adapter/plug from wire harness on vehicle (pops out with screwdriver )2. take a picture or make note of wire location on curt adapter3. Use a small flat screwdriver and pop out the individual wires on the curt adapter. There is no concern about ruining the adapter itself as it will no longer be needed4. Take out blue rubber plugs on oem adapter5. Back out the white plastic with pliers or driver6. Insert wires to oem adapter in the right locations7. Put the white cover back on8. Seal wires on adapter with silicone as ther are a little smaller9. Plug in to wire harness on vehicleTested and lights works on trailer. Don't know what tow mode is so did not know what to look for.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will be very interested to hear how the wiring / lighting works. Also, if you will be required to visit the dealer to have your computer programmed for "towing" mode. Thanks again for all of your tips. I will be doing this in the spring.

·
Registered
58 Posts
13128 has been fixed to fit 2013 Evoques. Had mine installed last week. Bolt hols lined up perfectly and no cutting of the bumper required anymore!
So no reverse-fishwire on the extra bolt and no cutting the fascia or heatshield? Their online instruction PDF still shows both those steps. If those are eliminated it seems like it's just the exhaust bracket that needs to be moved and then 5 bolts putting in, right? (instead of 4 bolts, 1 reverse fishwire bolt and one nut).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lubeking - thanks for the wiring update. I'm curious why you still had to cut the plastic though. The ground clearance is determined by the physical dimensions of the drawbar kit, not the amount you cut out of the plastic fascia. I thought the Curt kit had been redesigned so no cutting was needed...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts