Evoque Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Different kind of contrast roof -UPDATED with pics!

So decided to get my black Evoque vinyl wrapped(satin black body and satin red roof). Protects the expensive paint and reversible! These are photoshopped photos I did so won't be exact but you get the idea.

rre7sm.jpg rre4.jpg rre6.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would like to see pictures when your done with the wrap, looks unique in the phot shopped pictures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
love it, I also think adding the paint in the top photo rear/where the silver is on the dynamic + adding only on the lower side body side molding would tie it all in

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm debating if I should just paint the roof firenze red vs. going vinyl wrap satin red/black. The cost to paint all the grey trim pieces, powdercoat wheels glossy black, vinyl wrap whole vehicle AND roof will come out to about ~3.5k. Painting the roof, trim pieces and powdercoating wheels glossy black would come out to ~1.6k. I don't like the idea of a permanent roof color change(depreciated value reasons) but I know as long as I keep the Evoque, a red roof is a constant color for me. In addition, the wrap would help protect all the paint(which left unprotected WILL get dinged up by debris, etc.)Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting - curious how much it stands out in direct sunlight.
Not blaringly so(IMO anyways). It's LR's Firenze Red so it's a deep red. Could have gone darker but decided to make it look stock. I wanted the "rally" look and less prestige/luxury typical Range Rover feel. Makes me feel less pain when I get her dirty ;p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love the look of your paint job, Izzy! Just curious, I'm considering having the roof of my Evoque dynamic coupe painted (going from all red to red with black roof), and wondering how much you think just painting the roof (without the other mods) would have cost? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the look of your paint job, Izzy! Just curious, I'm considering having the roof of my Evoque dynamic coupe painted (going from all red to red with black roof), and wondering how much you think just painting the roof (without the other mods) would have cost? Thanks in advance...
Sorry for the delayed response, I've not been checking in with the forum. Do you have a panoramic roof?(this cuts down on the expense as there's alot less roof to paint). Just getting my panoramic roof painted, it was $1100. I could see it being around $1500 for a complete non-panoramic roof painted. Bear in mind that you'll get varying prices(and it'll be all over from $700-$2000) but I check a body shop's portfolio and not their prices when I chose my shop. That and I wanted to make sure they have access to the exact Land Rover Firenze Red. I'm sure I could have gone cheaper but these guys did it right(remove the trim around the roof instead of just taping off for example) and couldn't be happier. I had brought my Evoque in for a service at the dealer and the 2 SA's asked when LR stopped offering that particular paint combo 0.o

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response, I've not been checking in with the forum. Do you have a panoramic roof?(this cuts down on the expense as there's alot less roof to paint). Just getting my panoramic roof painted, it was $1100. I could see it being around $1500 for a complete non-panoramic roof painted. Bear in mind that you'll get varying prices(and it'll be all over from $700-$2000) but I check a body shop's portfolio and not their prices when I chose my shop. That and I wanted to make sure they have access to the exact Land Rover Firenze Red. I'm sure I could have gone cheaper but these guys did it right(remove the trim around the roof instead of just taping off for example) and couldn't be happier. I had brought my Evoque in for a service at the dealer and the 2 SA's asked when LR stopped offering that particular paint combo 0.o
Thanks a lot, Izzy. I ended up getting my roof painted last week and it cost a little a little under $1200 - really happy with it. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts