Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not installed a single bike 1UP USA bike rack in to my 2" Curt receiver. I bike 2-3 times per week so in the warm months I leave the rack on at all times. Is there a way to temporarily disable the rear parking sensors? The sound is VERY loud and is continuous while backing up. I have read that fitting a trailer light plug to the trailer wiring might disable it (supposedly it does on the European spec models). Has anyone tried this?

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
Per the owner's manual:

Parking aid on/off switch.

The switch
indicator will illuminate.

When reverse gear is selected, the front and rear parking sensors are activated automatically.
To turn off, press the button. The indicator will extinguish.

PARKING AIDS
The rear parking aids sensors are automatically disabled when a trailer with an approved electrical connector is connected. (This implies you must have a trailer connected, not just add the trailer wiring to the vehicle.)

Note: Trailers fitted with LED lights will not disable the rear parking aids sensors. When reverse gear is selected, the attached trailer will
be detected as an obstacle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. So it looks like if I want to continue to use the front sensors then I can just make a fake trailer wiring cable with the appropriate load (resistor or light) and leave it hooked up so the car thinks trailer lights are connected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts