Evoque Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people have been asking about this and today after some digging I finally found out how to do it!

I believe this method will reset all warnings not only the service one. This is especially useful to those who do their own maintenance and do not want to visit the dealer for a reset! I hope this helps all of you! If it worked or didn't work for you please let me know!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm going to try this. Just called the dealer to ask how to do it, after my more economical service elsewhere. The dealer actually lied to me and said you cannot clear the code without hooking the car up to a computer. They said it would cost $71.50 to clear the code. Can you believe the balls these guys have to lie about that? Minneapolis dealer, in case anyone's curious. How dishonest.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: MoveOverland

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Doesn't work on my 2014, but somehow I managed to turn mine off anyways. I think what finally did the trick was popping the hood and holding down the start engine button.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Doesn't work on my 2014, but somehow I managed to turn mine off anyways. I think what finally did the trick was popping the hood and holding down the start engine button.
This should cover the 2014 model.

Warning Devices - Service Indicator Reset

General Procedures
Synchronization

NOTE: Make sure the Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment is not connected to the vehicle.

- Set the ignition to the ON position.
- Open the hood.
- Open the drivers door. NOTE: A service resetting message will appear on the instrument cluster.
- Fully depress both the accelerator and brake pedals and hold for 10 seconds.
- Set the ignition to the OFF position.
- Set the ignition to the ON position and check the message has been cleared.

- If the message remains, repeat the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perfect timing. Went to my dealer today and they also said it would cost $75 to get it reset. Luckily I refused knowing that there had to be a cheaper easier way. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Service reset

A lot of people have been asking about this and today after some digging I finally found out how to do it!I believe this method will reset all warnings not only the service one. This is especially useful to those who do their own maintenance and do not want to visit the dealer for a reset! I hope this helps all of you! If it worked or didn't work for you please let me know!
Hello I have a dec 2011 evoque and have tried this method desperately to reset a fault code for tilt sensor,and my service light.The tilt sensor appeared when I jacked the car up to replace the rear brakes.any help on restating the lights would be appreciated.ThanksJohn

·
Registered
173 Posts
This should cover the 2014 model.

Warning Devices - Service Indicator Reset

General Procedures
Synchronization

NOTE: Make sure the Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment is not connected to the vehicle.

- Set the ignition to the ON position.
- Open the hood.
- Open the drivers door. NOTE: A service resetting message will appear on the instrument cluster.
- Fully depress both the accelerator and brake pedals and hold for 10 seconds.
- Set the ignition to the OFF position.
- Set the ignition to the ON position and check the message has been cleared.

- If the message remains, repeat the process.

Bumping this up to say thanks! for posting these instructions. I've been driving around with the Service Required message ever since my first service where the dealer was unable to reset the message.

Finally got tired of it enough to search and found these instructions. Worked perfectly. Wahooo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts