Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent trip the GPS popped up a Dynamic Avoid Traffic message asking me if I wanted a new route about 20 times in 1 hour.It's a big distraction and makes the GPS pretty much useless.How do I turn this off or disable completely?!

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
I believe the answer is on page 144 of the owner's manual:

TMC (Traffic Message Channel). Not used
for entering a destination but, when
enabled, will provide data about road
conditions and any events that may affect
the journey.

This implies that the feature can be turned on or off.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Problem is, in a place like Los Angeles, there are almost never any "clear" routes. So the thing goes nuts. Probably work fine for Alaska or Vermont.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Evoque Nav is the most worthless NAV i have ever used!! it look like they found some high school kids and asked them to write this program. No matter what setting i use even selectin only highways and avoid local street and this sucker will always tell me to exit from the highway at least 4 exit away to my desired exit!! heck even my Blackberry gives better direction that this.. I just use my Iphone and use google or Waze to get to where i want.. Also in NY the NAV doest always have the street name and it's slot to respond that i usually miss my street. I just try not to use the NAV so I dont start hating the the Evoque :) the rest i love..

·
Registered
373 Posts
The Evoque Nav is the most worthless NAV i have ever used!! it look like they found some high school kids and asked them to write this program. No matter what setting i use even selectin only highways and avoid local street and this sucker will always tell me to exit from the highway at least 4 exit away to my desired exit!! heck even my Blackberry gives better direction that this.. I just use my Iphone and use google or Waze to get to where i want.. Also in NY the NAV doest always have the street name and it's slot to respond that i usually miss my street. I just try not to use the NAV so I dont start hating the the Evoque :) the rest i love..
Good news/bad news... 2013 Nav a far better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts