Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a module last year for my wife's Audi Q5, and I built another today for my new Evoque.
Just push either the tailgate button on the remote, or the button in the dash, and it will close for you....

It is very easy to install if anybody is interested in having one made, just PM me.....
(No drilling or cutting, just remove one trim piece, and tap three wires)

I tried to post a couple of short video clips, but the site does not allow those. (I can send them to anyone interested)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Dougrobling

am I correct in saying this only works if you already have the auto tailgate option (convenience pack)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm actually interested in this feature as I find it to be very annoying to have to close it manually

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doug,
Received module and installed as directed. Works as advertised. Thanks for a simple fix to one of the few things about my Evoque that bothered me.

/r,
Robert

·
Registered
6 Posts
sounds like you know your way around the electrical system of this vehicle, have you looked into enabling passive keyless on the non-passive keyless models?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never looked at that system.......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No manual. (Just my trusty voltmeter)
I just installed the retro-fit ballasts and bulbs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anybody is interested in a Tailgate module, just email me at [email protected] and I will get all the details to you..
I have 7 remaining from the last batch of 30.
(It' about a 10 minute installation and does not require you permanently modify your Evoque)

Doug

DougRobling,
Please let me know how I might get that hatch module.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For anyone interested- I reached out to Doug and he quickly sent me a module for my 2015 Pure Premium. Installed in a few minutes, VERY straightforward and simple with easy instructions- well worth being able to close and open remotely. I wonder why LR doesn't build this functionality from the factory?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Used mine yesterday in the rain. Bringing in a big box that took both hands. Nice to just come back to stairs from ~50 ft away and hit remote button instead of running back out in the rain!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just built another batch of tailgate modules if anyone is interested in one for their Evoque....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Its a must have folks. You don't use it a lot, but its there when we want it, like it should have been from the factory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its a must have folks. You don't use it a lot, but its there when we want it, like it should have been from the factory.
Seconded, the flexibility of being able to open and close your hatch remotely is great. Installation was also very straightforward.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts