Evoque Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Engine surges slightly with AC on, in drive, with foot on the break, so it happens at stoplights. I can make it stop by giving it a little throttle while keeping my foot on the brake and getting the RPM's up to about 950. It does not do it all the time. I told Range Rover and they replace the AC compressor. It still does it, just enough to be annoying. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal
?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have that same thing (I think) but mine does it with or without the AC on. Does it feel sort of like a quick misfire/ stumble?

When I took mine in, they "realigned the motor mounts". I guess there is a service bulletin for it. It seemed to go away for a while but came back as bad/ worse than before.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds similar to what's happening to mine. Have you tried putting the car in Neutral to see if it still happens? Happens almost always when it's cold. e.g. first few stop lights. Seems to happen much less when it's warm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's why I think it's the transmission. Mine also only does it in gear although it does it regardless of whether AC is on or not. Next time I'm in Bakersfield visiting family, we can compare. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: I sent the video to the dealership, and also a good friend at Ford. They are both suggesting throttle body issue or intake air leak. The RR dealership is 100 miles away so its going to take me a week or so to get it back over. They were nice enough to offer me a loaner. It helps I have work I can line up in Fresno as well. When the Evoque came out my wife and I test drove one but we both agreed with no local dealership we would pass.... I got a great deal on my Evoque, I figured with a Ford source engine what could wrong? We will see what happens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey did tou ever find out what the issue was. Mine is doing exact same as yours in the video. But not quit as bad???
They claim it was a cracked intercooler, im not sure I buy it. It spent over 50 days in the service department. Since then Ive had to replace the turbo/manifold assmbly which ran over $2000.00 for a used one (I was over the 50000 mile mark by almost 100 miles). I am now driving a BMW again, everything I had ever heard about Range Rover is true. The worst part is I really liked the vehicle. Good luck with your Rover and the service that goes with it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had a lot of odd issues and noises myself. Dealer told me the exhaust turbo/manifold was cracket too and I need new idler pulleys as well.
I got a LR manifold for about $2800 from www.PureEvoque.com but you get $800.00 back when you send in the core, so basically same thing, but I was told my manifold is new. ?

Pasted from the suppliers rep
" ... the manifold appears to be a new part. I am guessing LR is wanting to get the cores back to begin the process of building remand units for the future. It does come with a one year, unlimited mileage warranty."

Likewise, I was about 10K over the 50K mileage and warranty mark of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts