Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Evoke which was last serviced in March 20 and am getting the message above. Marshalls where I bought car are saying nobody can advise - even remotely via mail / chat - until after the Covid crisis stops. Anyone got any idea how I can sort this please. Will be most grateful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m new to all this myself, but from reading on various forums, this will be the DPF (diesel Particulate Filter) and I understand that you can do a regeneration of this by driving for @ 20 minutes at more than 40 mph.
Tricky at the moment🤔
I think there are also circumstances where this will not cure your issue. But as I say, very new to all this myself, so I’m sure there will be someone along who knows far more about this than I do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Appreciated. I did drive for 20 minutes and it did not clear issue. Got RR recovery out. They upgraded engine management software. Then I drove it and it cleared. They said it needed software upgrade to sort. They tell me these things are not upgraded during a service only in a as news basis 🤨

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now you mention it, that was something else I’d read, but forgot about the software update LR Assist can do 🤐

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jon, when servicing your Evoque at the dealership they usually check the firmware version of your vehicle and would apply a firmware patch when a newer version is available.
In regards to ensuring the Evoque don’t run into DPF issues, use a diesel fuel cleaning additive every 6 months then fill up the tank. Go for a 30-40 mins non stop highway drive in the countryside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts