·
Registered
38 Posts
Depends if I have the wife in the car with me 🤔

Reactions: Dlank74

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is true that brake pads wear in a certain way as they get “used to“ the discs spinning in the same direction for most braking. I.e. the car going forwards.
Sometimes when reversing, especially if the car has been standing e.g. overnight, and a slight rust film has had chance to form on the discs, braking can make a coarse noise.
It is nothing to be concerned about unless it’s doing it all the time, especially when travelling forwards.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
First... It's best to put the MY and model in a post, to help members answer questions:). Have a look at the threads below from the UK Evoque forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a horrible noise when they back up in the morning?
Yes, especially if there is any moisture in the air, and only when backing up. I also used to have squeaking anytime I inched forward in a drive through. When I took it into the dealership they wanted to replace my REAR brakes (although I have not yet replaced front brakes), for $1000. I went to a privately owned European Auto shop for a second opinion and they said brakes were fine. I no longer go to the dealership and happy to report the squeaking has resolved :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts