·
Registered
104 Posts
Depends if I have the wife in the car with me 🤔

Reactions: Dlank74

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is true that brake pads wear in a certain way as they get “used to“ the discs spinning in the same direction for most braking. I.e. the car going forwards.
Sometimes when reversing, especially if the car has been standing e.g. overnight, and a slight rust film has had chance to form on the discs, braking can make a coarse noise.
It is nothing to be concerned about unless it’s doing it all the time, especially when travelling forwards.

·
Super Moderator
633 Posts
First... It's best to put the MY and model in a post, to help members answer questions:). Have a look at the threads below from the UK Evoque forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a horrible noise when they back up in the morning?
Yes, especially if there is any moisture in the air, and only when backing up. I also used to have squeaking anytime I inched forward in a drive through. When I took it into the dealership they wanted to replace my REAR brakes (although I have not yet replaced front brakes), for $1000. I went to a privately owned European Auto shop for a second opinion and they said brakes were fine. I no longer go to the dealership and happy to report the squeaking has resolved :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a horrible noise when they back up in the morning?
Hope this helps you!
I purchased my 2017 RR Evoque 3/2020. Since day one, there has been a deep sound that is particularly bad when it is cold outside and/or the car has not moved for several days at a time. The sound happens when I am going in reverse or turning the wheel. As I took possession of the car during Covid, and the dealer I purchased the car from round not replicate the sound, I was made to feel like this was my issue (or one in my head)!
Frustrated- I took the car into another local dealership just prior to the warranty being up earlier this year- one year later- and again they supposedly could not replicate the sound. Now (today- 6 months later) with an all time bad sound- I took it into Big O Tires (of all people), to have the oil changed, etc... Only to have them tell me that this is a very well known issue, and recognized/documented with RR however they are failing to label this a recall worthy problem, as there is no real solution other than to buy back all of the cars as lemons. Also- the Big O team said the official notice says that new rear brake pads will fix the issue temporarily- but that the sound will always come back. So- it's one thing for me and others with me/around me to deal with this moan, BUT what about when I have to sell the car? How in the world will that happen with me being honest??? I never would have purchased this car given this issue... I cannot believe LR/RR have not been sued on this yet! Very disappointed RR Owner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts