Evoque Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a horrible noise when they back up in the morning?
Hope this helps you!
I purchased my 2017 RR Evoque 3/2020. Since day one, there has been a deep sound that is particularly bad when it is cold outside and/or the car has not moved for several days at a time. The sound happens when I am going in reverse or turning the wheel. As I took possession of the car during Covid, and the dealer I purchased the car from round not replicate the sound, I was made to feel like this was my issue (or one in my head)!
Frustrated- I took the car into another local dealership just prior to the warranty being up earlier this year- one year later- and again they supposedly could not replicate the sound. Now (today- 6 months later) with an all time bad sound- I took it into Big O Tires (of all people), to have the oil changed, etc... Only to have them tell me that this is a very well known issue, and recognized/documented with RR however they are failing to label this a recall worthy problem, as there is no real solution other than to buy back all of the cars as lemons. Also- the Big O team said the official notice says that new rear brake pads will fix the issue temporarily- but that the sound will always come back. So- it's one thing for me and others with me/around me to deal with this moan, BUT what about when I have to sell the car? How in the world will that happen with me being honest??? I never would have purchased this car given this issue... I cannot believe LR/RR have not been sued on this yet! Very disappointed RR Owner.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts