Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Evoque, 2.2L manual model and am experiencing clutch judder. The vehicle has done just over 30,000 miles. On two separate occasions the clutch has been unable to cope with a steep hill pull-away. Clouds of smoke have been observed and burning material was smelt. :( Now there is a clutch judder on normal pull-away. I would not have expected this to occur after only 30,000 miles and 3 years use.
Is this cause for a warranty claim? Do others have a similar experience?
I have been told that it will cost £1000 for my local agent to investigate!
looking forward to hearing of others experiences ...

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Commmike, Welcome to the forum!

You may not be aware, Evoques are not offered here in the US with a manual transmission, much to the dismay of some of our forum members:(

Your question may be better answered if you posted in the UK forum at: Evoque Owners Club - Range Rover Evoque Forum

Of course, you are still more than welcome to post here, and get to know some of our US forum members.

BTW , sorry to hear of your clutch issues. 30K miles is way too early for that kind of failure. Clutches may be considered a wear item, but I would check with your dealer to be sure. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2013 Evoque, 2.2L manual model and am experiencing clutch judder. The vehicle has done just over 30,000 miles. On two separate occasions the clutch has been unable to cope with a steep hill pull-away. Clouds of smoke have been observed and burning material was smelt. :( Now there is a clutch judder on normal pull-away. I would not have expected this to occur after only 30,000 miles and 3 years use.
Is this cause for a warranty claim? Do others have a similar experience?
I have been told that it will cost £1000 for my local agent to investigate!
looking forward to hearing of others experiences ...
Thanks Rsquared. I thought this was a global forum but I have taken your advice and registered with the UK site. Hopefully make some progress there...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts