Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I have a 2020 evoque which was bought when brand new. It is now c 14 months old with 10000 miles on the clock. About 4 weeks ago I went to start the car and it was dead, with the exception of the rear tail lights which were on and flickering (had to use the key to manually open the car, a few dash lights were also flickering). Landrover assist towed it to the garage and they replaced the battery. 4 days later the same thing happened again, towed again and the Landrover garage did a full software reset and said it was the software (each time it has been in the garage for a week whilst they “did full diagnostics to factory standards”. The second time that it was in the garage they also diagnosed a windscreen leak and resealed the windscreen.

another week later and the same thing happened again - same process, garage said it was software and the “head engineer” ha

I have had the car back for 4 days again and guess what….this morning I went to start the car and the rear tail lights were flickering and the car was dead for the FOURTH time in 5 weeks. Opened it with the key and the alarm went off, alarm ran for about two minutes and they went off.

I have moved house since this issue started so have ruled out any kind of interference, the car is stored in a garage and the key is never kept near the vehicle (it’s in an Edison pouch).

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it resolved? It is driving me insane as the Landrover garage don’t seem to know what is wrong with it and its a major inconvenience to keep having the car fail and wait hours for a tow and then have it in the garage for a week.

Help !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone - I have a 2020 evoque which was bought when brand new. It is now c 14 months old with 10000 miles on the clock. About 4 weeks ago I went to start the car and it was dead, with the exception of the rear tail lights which were on and flickering (had to use the key to manually open the car, a few dash lights were also flickering). Landrover assist towed it to the garage and they replaced the battery. 4 days later the same thing happened again, towed again and the Landrover garage did a full software reset and said it was the software (each time it has been in the garage for a week whilst they “did full diagnostics to factory standards”. The second time that it was in the garage they also diagnosed a windscreen leak and resealed the windscreen.

another week later and the same thing happened again - same process, garage said it was software and the “head engineer” ha

I have had the car back for 4 days again and guess what….this morning I went to start the car and the rear tail lights were flickering and the car was dead for the FOURTH time in 5 weeks. Opened it with the key and the alarm went off, alarm ran for about two minutes and they went off.

I have moved house since this issue started so have ruled out any kind of interference, the car is stored in a garage and the key is never kept near the vehicle (it’s in a faraday pouch).

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it resolved? It is driving me insane as the Landrover garage don’t seem to know what is wrong with it and its a major inconvenience to keep having the car fail and wait hours for a tow and then have it in the garage for a week.

Help !

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have moved house since this issue started so have ruled out any kind of interference, the car is stored in a garage and the key is never kept near the vehicle (it’s in an Edison pouch).

Help !
Had the same issue when we bought our 2018. Noticed a problem when the wife would go to the store and the rear gate would not open upon returning with groceries to load On a few occasions. Come to find out, the vehicle was in safety mode to save battery power so the car had enough juice to start. The low battery indicator was also coming on a lot as well. The wife was using the vehicle for only short trips to the store & it wasn’t running long enough on those trips to fully recharge the battery & in turn the battery was always low. Installed a Ctek test & charge trickle charger and plug it in when not using the vehicle daily and the problem went away for good.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Help !

Hi not sure if landrover did a reset to your battery??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts