Evoque Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love the looks of my evoque but find I have to adjust mirrors a lot even though seats are on memory. There are several blind spots in front due to Huge mirrors and of course the Tiny back window. Has anyone found this a bit dangerous. Like I said love the car and the cameras help. Wish it could be mirrors are smaller and the rear window bigger but I guess that would kill the looks. Got my pure plus 2013 black coupe in November 2012 and I still get asked about the car all the time. Still haven't seen but one on the road besides mine and I am in suburb outside of Atlanta, Georgia.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I find since you sit low in the Evoque and you have high door sills its hard to know where curbs and corners are when making front turns. That's the price we pay for the style of the Evoque.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is one of the design changes that I've heard a lot of Land Rover owners complain about in this new generation of vehicles. Land Rover used to advertise a "command seating position" which positioned the drivers seat up higher and also had a lower window position so it gave you a clear view of the road and your surroundings. If you drive an older model and then drive the Evoque and you'll see a 100% difference in the seating and the view.

Yeah and I am only 5 feet 3 so....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with them. It will take getting use too as I drive it only on weekends and use my mustang as my daily work car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I was taller I agree it would be easier see over the big mirrors in the corners for sure

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my. Sorry to hear that. Hope u were ok. I do have to look several times before turns, stops, backing up, etc.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well it happened to me. First accident in 20 years in my month old Evoque. It was a visibility issue due to the high door sills in combination with low seating position. At night on a poorly lit city interstate I'm in the far left lane following cars in front of me and to my right side. Car to my right turns left into my space. I brake and swerve to my left hitting, an invisible from my driving position, cement foot tall curb on my left at 60 mph. Two shredded tires, two mangled rims and some front suspension damage. Yes more careful attention on my part to the left curb before the accident may have prevented me from hitting the curb, but in the heavy traffic my attention was given to the cars around me and those in front blocking the curb's visibility. The curb was very peripheral due to the Evoque's design. I'm coming from an F-150 where this visibility is not at all a problem. So in summary be careful when first driving your Evoque until you become accustomed to its blind spots.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well at least it isn't just me but hate people are in accidents because of design of this beautiful car. I am looking into Mercedes gla that is coming out in 2014 or 2015. It is gorgeous like the evoque but better visibility and bout 15,000 dollars less. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts