Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing and evoque with 2.2 SD4 automatic. The car will arrive with in a month or two, I was wondering that is there a way to boost up your engine performance. I have found this online.
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2.2 SD4 190 PS 420 Nm | Diesel Tuning with CHIP Express™
It seems too good to be true, you can self install it and it will increase both performance and fuel efficiency.
Has anyone in this forum purchased it? or can you tell me how legitimate it is?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi and welcome to Evoque Forums. I haven't heard any reviews on that but if you end up getting it, please be sure to post back your results.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have studied the merits of the Chip Express unit for a couple of years. First of all for my VW Tiguan 103TDI. As the vehicle was relatively new I was worried about warranty issues. However, the brother of my work colleague fitted one to his diesel Prado with excellent results. My colleague followed suit and fitted one to his Nissan Diesel ute, once again with very positive results. The website gives a good account of why it might work and there are many testimonials to read on the same site. Very much a personal decision based on risk of warranty issues. I personally believe the deterioration mentioned by Baileykoch above may be due to other issues. I have not heard of a similar issue with the unit. PS. I will get my Evoque in August 2012 and will probably go through the same procrastination process on whether to fit one or not. My wife will probably win the day and tell me to keep it standard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts