Evoque Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it out for a 50 mile run today. Love the ride, handling and performance. Guy at the grocery store was blown away that it was a Range Rover

·
Registered
81 Posts
"Blind side amber lights"? Not familiar with what you mean. Hit your hazards and see if all your bulbs are working. All ambers should blink. Which lights are you talking about, passenger side rear blinker? passenger side view mirror turn signal? passenger front turn signal?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found out that the blind spot (not side) sensors are only on the coupes. I guess with 4 doors there is not a blind spot??????? Anyways don't have the sensor so moot. Great car though. A blast to drive plus these seats and controls are fantastic. I would give it a strong 9 out of 10. If it had the blind spot sensor a 10.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the 4 door....and I have the blind spot monitoring.

Build features seem erratic on these cars. Seems like stuff became available/unavailable on different models fairly randomly for US models.

For example, I have an early build 2012. I have the manual that says I have the spot available with no coils in my windshield where I should be able to mount an EzPass. However, despite having the new manual, i have the old windshield model -- the one with no empty spot for mounting the EzPass! LOL.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Reactions: WatchgeekLdibari

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Had 2 Land Rovers that were nightmares. All the info out say these are really well designed. Hope so

·
Registered
20 Posts
Simple Blind Spot Monitor

Blind spot mirror.jpg package.jpg Simple blind spot monitor that I installed on my Dynamic 4 door. I ordered it on ebay for $15. It was sent from China. I can now see cars in the blind spot area that the side mirror misses.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is both funny yet for some cars necessary. Should be mandatory here in AZ for all the snow birds

·
Registered
16 Posts
They made just 400 4-door 2012 Evoques with Blind Spot Monitoring. For some reason they stopped offering it halfway through the year. I tried to get it but couldn't. Consider yourself lucky if you got one. Now it is only available for 2-doors.
Poking around and discovered this thread and this particular post surprised me.

Assuming this is accurate, our 2012 4-dr Dynamic is one of the rare few that has the blind spot monitoring! Didn't realize it was such a unicorn but have to say that it works very well...

/r

Allen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts