Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she ran well in rutted mud today as we hunted down the Christmas tree...and also drove through some good deep snow too.

paul

·
Registered
124 Posts
she ran well in rutted mud today as we hunted down the Christmas tree...and also drove through some good deep snow too.

paul
Great deal, I love the picture,
Thanks for the info, keep us updated on your WINTER DRIVE as the weather is approaching us in NY as well.
Safe ride,
brazeagle

·
Registered
124 Posts
How does it REALLY handle the snow? any difference from other cars you have owned?
Thanks for the great pictures.
brazeagle

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys, finally we got SNOW in NYC...
I tried my evoque, did exactly what I used to do with a VW TIGUAN and a MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER, I was not impressed at all! unfortunately I have to say, with 19" FACTORY wheels and all season tires, the same as the other two mentioned cars...IT PERFORMED quite a bit WORSE than the two.
What can I tell you! 54K car, more likely sportish than for a SNOW car, but I read a lot about good performance in other type of terrain, which most likely I will not use it.

Regards,
brazeagle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Snow driving comes down to tires and the stock all season are not great... throw them away or use just for summer.

I put the exact same quality winter snow and ice tires that i had on my Subuaru WRX and the Evoque would run circles around it.

I am extremely impressed with the handling in deep snow and in crossing fields covered in snow drifts...far beyond what my Subaru or my F350 4X4 could think of doing.

paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts