Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you get the "Premium Mats" with the metal edges as well as the metal (or plastic) Evoque emblem with your vehicles? The web site shows the car coming with the premium mats but what I received were cheap, flimsy mats. Yes, the front ones do have the Evoque plastic plate on them and the back ones are so thin you can almost tear them.

Anyone else get these in their vehicle or did all or most get the decent mats?

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I bought mine the salesman mentioned that he threw in delux winter mats. On the drivers side it fails to cover under the pedals and upper left corner. This is a pain as dirt gets in there and difficult to clean. Any recommendations on better mats?

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Super Moderator
609 Posts
Do they have better coverage? Not concerned on thickness so much.
Yes, if you get the FloorLiner WeatherTech mats. I bought them for my MY2013 Evoque Pure Plus and they fit perfectly. You could spill a cup of coffee on them, and they will contain all of the liquid, as they have sides to contain all of the dirt and spills.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found the mats I was looking for. There are two different mats under the same part number. One has the metal edge pieces with the EVOQUE plate and one only has the EVOQUE plate. Same cost. Part number is VPLVS0095PVJ according to research. New ones will be here next week to compare.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received the new mats today. Wow, what a difference. The new mats are thick, plush carpet, unlike the thin mats that came with the car. Front mats are the same size as are the backs, so no greater coverage but they sure do feel and look luxurious. Front mats fit the exact floor hooks as the originals. The rear mats do not fit the same hooks, different spacing. I cut off the rear hooks flush as the carpet is so thick you can't see the mat holes anyway, and the reason for the anchors is to preclude the mats from slipping forward under the accelerator as a safety feature and to hold them in place. Not necessary in the rear. Mats came with extra hooks so if needed I could put new ones down or simply use black screws and slip the mats over the screw heads. Still, not needed for the rears.
mats 1.jpg mats 2.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the winter mats which are worthless. I then bought Weathertech mats which are fantastic. And they are cheaper than the OEM ones.
What style mat did you get from WeatherTech? The current website (Oct 2013) says they don't have mats for the Evoque yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got that new carbon fiber looking brand. Was mentioned on here a while back. Love them a lot more than WeatherTech (what I always used to get).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought my evoque with so-called protection package (OEM rubber mats front, back and cargo area). Only thing worth keeping was cargo mat. Turned to weather tech both front and back. Excellent coverage for rain and winter snow. Try looking again on weather tech. May be listed as liner instead of floor mats. That's where I got mine back in Aug '13

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe the mats you are referring to are 3D MAXpider U-ACE LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER EVOQUE 2012-2013. You can get them on Amazon.com for $151.09. The US distributor is partscatalog.com and they are checking to see if the 2012/2013 mats also fit the 2014 Evoque. I hope they do because I would really like to buy a set. Several reviewers said they switched from Weather Tek to these mats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been looking at mats for a couple of weeks. I finally decided on the 3D MAXpider set (2 front, 1 piece rear) from Amazon.com $151.09. The main US Distributor is Part Catalog which is where my mats are actually coming from. I will post some pictures after they are installed (providing they fit as advertised). The upgrade rubber winter mats the dealer gave me as an extra incentive to buy are practically useless as they are small and don't cover much. The driver side does not protect the left side carpet corner at all and it is really hard to keep the carpet clean in snowy weather. I don't understand why that left corner is not protected with some kind of rubber or plastic guard? The manufacturer of the 3D MAXpider mats does not offer a part for 2014 model Evoque but the custom fit mats from Weather Tech show the same part number for 2014 as they do for 2013 so I am making the assumption that there was no real change in the interior floor of the 2014 model. I will let you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been looking at mats for a couple of weeks. I finally decided on the 3D MAXpider set (2 front, 1 piece rear) from Amazon.com $151.09. The main US Distributor is Part Catalog which is where my mats are actually coming from. I will post some pictures after they are installed (providing they fit as advertised). The upgrade rubber winter mats the dealer gave me as an extra incentive to buy are practically useless as they are small and don't cover much. The driver side does not protect the left side carpet corner at all and it is really hard to keep the carpet clean in snowy weather. I don't understand why that left corner is not protected with some kind of rubber or plastic guard? The manufacturer of the 3D MAXpider mats does not offer a part for 2014 model Evoque but the custom fit mats from Weather Tech show the same part number for 2014 as they do for 2013 so I am making the assumption that there was no real change in the interior floor of the 2014 model. I will let you know.
Try autoanything.com I found mine there for $125 with free shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the 3D Maxspider Mats on Amazon and both the front and back mats fit the 2014 Prestige model just fine. I placed them on top of the factory mats and did not attempt line up the retention hook holes.

I've had Weather Tech mats before and like these more. Weather Tech's have that rugged hard plastic look and feel. These are more pliable and look less rugged.

The coverage should be as good as Weather Tech and much better than the lousy factory mats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the 3D Maxspider Mats on Amazon and both the front and back mats fit the 2014 Prestige model just fine. I placed them on top of the factory mats and did not attempt line up the retention hook holes. I've had Weather Tech mats before and like these more. Weather Tech's have that rugged hard plastic look and feel. These are more pliable and look less rugged.The coverage should be as good as Weather Tech and much better than the lousy factory mats.
Can you provide the part number or model number of 3d maxspider

1 - 20 of 26 Posts