Evoque Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I'm new and looking for your help? I live in Australia and am trying to find out how far a Range Rover Evoque P300e PHEV will travel non stop on a single tank of fuel? Everywhere I go (including Land Rover UK and Aus) simply tell me the economy figures i.e how far it will go battery only or an averaged mathematical number for economy which are inaccurate as I think once the battery has been depleted (66Km/33Miles), economy and performance become dreadful and limited?
I am thinking of getting one and I live 180 miles (300km) from Sydney and want to know if I could do a round trip (mostly on the motorway) without recharging?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Ping Mishka

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys
I'm new and looking for your help? I live in Australia and am trying to find out how far a Range Rover Evoque P300e PHEV will travel non stop on a single tank of fuel? Everywhere I go (including Land Rover UK and Aus) simply tell me the economy figures i.e how far it will go battery only or an averaged mathematical number for economy which are inaccurate as I think once the battery has been depleted (66Km/33Miles), economy and performance become dreadful and limited?
I am thinking of getting one and I live 180 miles (300km) from Sydney and want to know if I could do a round trip (mostly on the motorway) without recharging?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Ping Mishka
Hi Ping,
I am also considering a PHEV P300e and had a 1 day test drive last week. Using a mix of Hybrid, Save (petrol only) and EV mode during the test, but mostly Hybrid, the drive battery had depleted after approx 50 miles (but did get the odd mile of recharge from the regen system, to assist pulling away at junctions etc) . Then you are left with a 1.5l turbo petrol motor of 200hp, which is pretty good but giving an overall 35mpg if you're lucky. So on your Sydney trip you would be on petrol only for 300 miles of the journey!

The model usage case that LR have used I reckon is someone who does local drives most of the time, so 50miles/day max, and recharges every night (like a phone) - and then only occasional long drives. In such use you should get v good mpg and lower running costs than a ICEV version.

Any P300e owners out there to comment?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ric and thanks for the practical update. I wanted this to be a retirement gift to myself and have since learned the little luxuries have also been removed e.g ventilated sets (comes in handy in our hot climate), head up display, on the P300e theres no Adaptive Dynamics, cant fit the 21" wheels, 12.3" electonic driver display, no Clearview camera and the list goes on! Whilst this can be lamed on the semiconductor crisis I note that other brands haven't removed them? Also, for a car costing this much I'm frustrated to compromise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts