Evoque Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there everyone,

Recently I bought "Evoque 2013 Dynamic Plus" petrol engine but I've some questions about the the 4WD-2WD features :

1- Does the Evoque capable of shifting between 4WD/2WD or does it use 4WD/2WD automatically when required ? Because I couldn't find any button for that feature even in the touch screen options !! Although I saw several Evoques screens displaying the shifting 4WD -2WD feature.
check this out : capabilities>>go to last photo Range Rover Evoque 2014 | Land Rover Global | International (English)

2- I believe there's only one type of petrol engine which is 4WD ...cause I'm starting to doubt if my Evoque is a 4WD or 2WD !! knowing that the dealer told me it's a 4WD

3- Last thing (not a big deal) I saw some Evoques on the web with Si4 badge on the trunk what does it mean ? knowing that mine is a petrol engine and doesn't holds such a badge !

thanks in advance :)

·
Super Moderator
581 Posts
I can tell you that in the United States, all 2013 Evoques are full time 4WD. Not sure what Land Rover does for other parts of the world, but I would assume all drive trains are the same world wide.

You can tell if your vehicle is 4WD simply by looking beneath the front bumper, to see if you have a half shaft (drive axle) running into the middle of your front wheels.
If you also see a half shaft running into the middle of your rear wheels, then you have 4WD.

I believe the Si4 badge designates a petrol engine, as apposed to a Sd4 badge for the diesel engined models, in countries where both types of engines are available.
One of our UK members should be able to say if I am correct or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can tell you that in the United States, all 2013 Evoques are full time 4WD.
Thank you ...probably you're right cause it's incredibly consuming a huge amount of petrol. Although it's unlikely but I hope the 4WD/2WD shifting feature is a software feature that could be updated on my next visit to Land Rover.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's a part of the new transmission, etc. It's not something that's going to be retroactively applicable to your(or mine) vehicle.

That said, the 2014s with that feature and the 9 speed transmission are only supposed to get about 2-3 mpg better gas mileage from what I've read. What kind of fuel economy are you seeing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
correct me if I'm wrong but I meant 2WD/4WD models won't consume the same amount of 4WD active all time models !

·
Registered
38 Posts
At least here in the states you get the 2013 models with the 6 speed auto and 4wd all the time and then for the 2014s you get the 9 speed auto and the active diff that switches between 2wd and 4wd as needed. The numbers I have read for the 2014 models suggest a 10% increase in fuel economy for the 2014 models due to these two features.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The rear badge is a delete, no cost option. There is, apparently, a flexible ratio in the 2013 so that the distribution tends toward more FWD in cruising situations (more of an AWD). At least, so I've read. As you know you can shift into dedicated "real" 4WD by selecting a different terrain button. There is a FWD only version for 2013 and before. Not in the US. Have you found your car on TOPIx it will tell you all about how your car is equipped.

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?groupId=368&id=217421

1 - 8 of 8 Posts