Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is that since the purchase of my new Evoque last month it has twice been the target of auto thieves. The Evoque gets so much attention and as a result the attempts to steal it come with it. I have a driveway, no garage, with an alert system to monitor the driveway. Prior to purchasing the Evoque my previous car was never targeted and our neighborhood had no recent history of auto theft. Any comments on how effective your Evoque's anti-theft system has been in preventing it from getting stolen?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in the states in a large city with high auto theft. My guess is the attempts are for joy rides rather than the chop shop as there are not many Evoques on the street with the result of few parts requests.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, the anti-theft system is as good as any. I know in Euro-land, thieves are using laptops to disable alarms, and starting to do that here as well. Back in ye olde days, when I had a '66 Shelby GT350, I used to pop out the rotor before leaving the car. Maybe you can disconnect a coil wire? What you're looking for is the last thing a thief would expect. Haven't really scoped the Evoque.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts