Evoque Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

My husband and I are seriously considering buying an Evoque but people are telling us that the maintenance costs are ridiculous (brakes, tires,oil changes, etc) Any opinions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
179 Posts
new evoque is covered for 4 years, 50K miles. First regular service is also covered. Oil changes after the first service runs from $100 to $120, depending on dealer. Someone on this forum had his brakes/rotors replaced at 32,000 miles, the cost was $1700. The first four years of ownership, costs should be minimal.

·
Registered
373 Posts
+1 and the 2013 is quite a bit more "sorted" than previous models. Don't know where you live, but if USA, you have a choice of one engine and one transmission, which seems to attract less issues than the UK counter-parts. Personally, my family has had great luck with LR products and my Evoque is our 8th LR.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. I am ToriaJo's husband. We are in western PA (USA) We are considering the 2013 Evoque but want to wait until the 2014s come out in order to get a deal on a 2013. Someone mentioned the 4 year 50K mile warranty. What are everyone's thoughts on buying an extended warranty on this car since it is a relatively new model for LR? What is covered under the 4 year 50K? Just engine and drivetrain? Does the Evoque have any "bumper to bumper" coverage?

·
Registered
373 Posts
If the 2014 has the 9 speed tranny you could do well by holding out. I bought extended coverage but I tend to keep cars for a long time. I think mine has a $200 deductable, but I could have gotten zero deductable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The four year, fifthy thousand mile warranty is bumper to bumper coverage on everything except use items like brakes ( unless there is a defect in them). I would not invest in an extended warranty unless you plan on keeping the vehicle for 10 years..extended warranties are NOT normally bumper to bumper so be careful and read all the fine print before you purchase. Anything you don't understand, get a written response to your questions so that they cannot backtrack on what they initially tell you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would advise against buying an evoque. I have been plagued by issues that never get resolved. Just look at other topics and you can see how common they are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think most of the initial computer issues have been sorted out after 1 1/2 years. You may, however, find that RR does not discount prior models, even demos that much, but some have mentioned discounts as much as 25% with much negotiating. Good luck with your plans. I'm really enjoying my new 2013 LR2 HSE and have had NO issues thus far.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Personally I have had good luck with my Evoque (31,000 miles). I came from Acura, so my expectations (and fears!!) were high. The brand has gotten so much better in the past years. Of course, there are many people who have had issues. It is luck of the draw it seems. The 2013 is just the second year of the Evoque, and the vehicle is essentially the same.

I personally have never purchased an extended warranty and think they can really be a waste of money (and I keep my vehicles for 150K+ miles). But if you do buy one, be sure to negotiate (a lot of people don't realize that this is just as negotiable as the price of the vehicle). In addition, know what it covers and what you are getting for the money. I prefer not to pay the dealer to fix things that are routine, as they can be 2-4 times as expensive for the work that has been described in this thread. Maintenance is a bit more costly than the average vehicle, but there is no need to pay the fees dealers are asking for to change oil, rotate tires and replace brakes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased my evoque this week and it is due to arrive later this week. I got the Orcan grey (sp) with the Lunar interior. I am coming from a Hummer H2 and am excited for a smaller SUV that is very bad weather and terrain capable. I have heard reliability is much better but I typically only keep vehicles 3-4 years anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks "curious"! I never have the dealer doing ANYTHING on the car that isn't absolutely a dealer "thing". They usually are ridiculously expensive. I do tend to keep cars a long time. My Acura MDX is coming up on 5 years and we just crossed 84,000 miles on it. We've had zero issues with it. I hope to have the same experience with the Evoque if we do get one.

Reactions: Evocurious

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my 2013 Evoque Pure Plus Premium last Wed and took it on a 400 mile trip to Lake Tahoe. The car handled superbly through the ups, downs and all the curves. I especially love driving at night in this vehicle - the HID adaptive headlights and LED fog lights really light up the road. I was concerned about reading threads on people having problems seeing thought the heated windshield (I got the climate comfort package) but this was a false alarm - no glare or visibility issue whatsoever. I'm hooked...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had my Evoque since Apr 2012. Total maintenance cost $110, add another $6.35 for the 6 pack of beer I went through. First scheduled maintenance conducted at 7800 at dealer for free. Second oil change with filter, air filter change, tire rotation, fluids top off etc, done by me. I have almost 24K miles on her now. Love the car. After I got through the problem with the reduced performance mode caused by excess humidity/driving in heavy rain, she has been worry free.

Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts