Evoque Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Evoque is due in a couple weeks, early May. Since LR is offering 1.9 financing now, I asked the dealer to lock it in for me. He said he can't do that until the car arrives. Does this sound right? When I have ordered other things that are not available right away (furniture, etc), I have been offered the best deal available during the delay. Anyone have experience from their dealer regarding rate lock-in? Am I getting the run-around?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have never heard of locking the interest rate for an auto loan. It is common with Homes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Dave. I don't think there is any way to lock in a rate, but the current rates are good through early July, so you should be fine.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with Dave. I don't think there is any way to lock in a rate, but the current rates are good through early July, so you should be fine.
Ok- Thanks guys...I guess I figured homes, furniture, cars would all be the same, but I have never been in this situation...

That's great news about the rates staying the same. My dealer is either unaware or unwilling to tell me. He says they won't find out May's rates until May 1.

How did you know that they aren't changing, AEC?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
326 Posts
I also do not believe the rates will change. The last few months the only rate changes I have noticed have been down. Even if Land Rovers rates were to go up, most credit unions are right around that rate. In January, my credit Union beat Land Rovers 60 month rate by .25%.

There is one way you might be able to lock a rate. I forgot but for my motorcycle I got a pre aproved loan and check good for 45 days, this was through a credit union.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I bought our RRE they had the 1.9 going on, but they could not do the 1.9 for that car. So I went to my credit Union and they did better then the dealer, but not 1.9.

Really good credit by the way. They just were not going to give great financing for the RRE. Be aware of that APR when reading the fine print it gives the models it applys to.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine is on a 60 month note at 1.69% interest with my credit union. Rate was the same for 48 or 60. Went with 60, but am paying 100 extra a month so it will not last near that long.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea, I got 1.9% for 60 months on July 13th. Better than I expected actually. A pleasant surprise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts