Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i got yesterday evoque prestige white 1 year old and i notes the headlight start to get foggy. Do anybody know will warranty cover headlight from sun or condensation damage
thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI, yes it is covered to a certain extend. You are requested ( or that is what my dealer told me ) to make pictures to show how severe the condensation is. If it is moderate condensation it is considered normal... although I find this strange personally. Havent had mine replaced yet since I intend to wait till my car is approx 2 years or so.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your opinion. The headlights have residue from the inside and its not that noticeable throughout the day but as soon as I turn on my lights it is noticeable and it is blurry. It looks like it used to condensation and when the condensation was gone it left behind some sort of foggy film.
IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0909.JPG You can see on the picture the discoloration from the bottom up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same type of pollution on the inner bulb glass. Looks to me as remains from the condensed water, calcium or whatever. Like I said, i will raise it at next service visit and intend to make pictures and claim warranty when I get a chance to shoot a nice shot of the headlights with damp inside. Keep us posted on your proceedings please.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Aadje, I went to the Land Rover dealership yesterday and they looked at my headlights. They said they will make some phone calls to find out why the headlights are foggy. I later received a phone call today and they agreed to replace both of my headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts