Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Autoweek says the 2016 Ford Explorer will have a new 2.3 EcoBoost engine @ 270hp in its most de-tuned application (in the Mustang it will be 300hp+.) It currently shares the same 240hp 2.0 EcoBoost as our Evoque.) This may be another alternative unless Land Rover soon starts the production of its own engine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Land Rover will be using their new Ingenium engine in the 2016 Evoque. It's a 2.0 liter turbo very similar to the Ford. I'm sure glad I have the Ecoboost in mine...I have no interest in a Land Rover powerplant. It's unfortunate we won't be getting the 2.3 Ford.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I contacted Richard Truett at Automotive News and he said the Evoque would not be getting the new Ford Engine. Apparently, when Ford sold Jaguar, the deal was that Ford would continue to provide engines until Jaguar built an engine factory. That factory has now begun production of a 2-Liter engine but the first ones will be diesel, not gasoline.

Therefore, the question remains, what engine will the 2016 Evoque have? The older Ford 2-Liter or possibly a new Jaguar 2-liter.

Does anyone have substantiated information about what engine will be used.

Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Its not an issue IMHO. Given the new tune of 285hp/290ft-lbs tq on the Auto bio edition , short of a hypo version its plenty adequate. Am actually surprised how stealthy quick the car is without big rpms!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts