Evoque Forums banner

Found perfect all season tires for my Evoque

20K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Dogscout 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, longtime lurker and first time posting. I just wanted to give a recommendation that might help other owners out. I have a '12 Evoque dynamic coupe with 20" wheels. The continentals that came with the 20's were only summer rated. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of separate winter and summer wheel and tire set ups, so I looked for a good all season tire. I know other members were looking as well. I ended up with Yokohama Parada Spec-x, I went with a little wider setup, 255/45/20. Immediately I could feel a difference on dry pavement, they were more forgiving than the stock continentals. Then, these past few days here in the northeast US, we were hit with a snowstorm. These things were awesome in the snow! Our street was not plowed and had a good 6 inches on it and the Evoque didn't break a sweat.Definitely check them out if you are looking. With shipping all four cost me around $700.Hope this helps.

#2 · (Edited)
I've had the Parada Spec -X on my evoque for last summer and they are decent tires. I also went wider on my wheels than the OEM 20" Style 7 wheels. I didn't want to go with summer sport tires for the summer as it's not a sports car plus I use the Evoque usually during rain and snow. Also, I hardly drive the Evoque in the summer as I usualy drive the 2 sports cars. A couple of weeks ago I swapped it back to the oem 19" Contis (for winter) and siped them to see if they are any good in snow. So far not much snow here in Chicago this winter. Last winter there was only 1 major snow storm here and the conti's were only ok. The Parada's tread has a nice pattern also. Here's the pattern on my Evoque:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover

#11 ·
Well that was a quick 50k miles. I now have a set of Yokohama Geolander G055 XL's on the Evoque. Lets see how these do. I have been a fan of the Yokohama Geolander tires and had them on my Discovery for at least 4 sets. From living a 8500' in the Rockies to 800' in the Smokys they have been a great tire for all conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.