Evoque Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Evoque I was told by the dealer there was no free trial period for satellite. I called Sirius a couple of days ago and was told there is a free one year subscription. Nice surprise!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dealer also told me no free trial (USA), called Sirius and they said I got 3 free months. Would love to know what the free trial really is and why the dealers seem to have no knowledge of it. Of the many different brands of cars I have purchased, I have never been told there was no free trial on a car with satellite radio until now. Not to mention the hour of my life I will never get back waiting for a Sirius rep to actually pick up the phone...very frustrating for any car and even more so at this price level.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would call back and just request activation of your free 12 month trial. I have a Cooper and they actually asked me how long the trial was for which was also 12 months. Guess I should have said 10 years. I'm not sure they always know how long the period is for a specific car and seem willing to accommodate.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have two Evoques, dealer knew nothing of free three months on both. Have letters from Sirius offering free six months if I sign up for a years subsciption and warning my service will end at the free three months. All rather confusing. I finally subscribed to Pandora, internet radio. $4.95 a month and works through bluetooth or cable. However, if you get into a remote area and there is no cell phone available you lose it. On a long road trip I used it about 80% of the time and then got whacked by my cell phone company $10. for excess data usage.

·
Registered
326 Posts
When I activated my sirius radio, they told me it was 12 months free. However they killed it at 3 months. Called them back and they said I was told wrong by the first Sirius rep.

You can not combine sirius and xm radios as I just found out. They wanted full price for each, so XM just lost a 7 year customer, canceled it in my two cars with XM and my Evoque with Sirius.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
We will have to see what they offer me before I extend it. What kind if deals have people gotten after the trial ends??
They offered me 1 year for the price of six months. Told them they need to figure out how I can have xm and sirius, for a good price, like I did with two xm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Coming from Australia, home of the dish (NASA), i have a question (rhetorical of course).What is satellite radio and does the Evoque have a dish on it's roof with this option?Not sure if it's an option here. We have digital, though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No dish on the roof. Antenna integrated into car. Sirius and XM merged (?) a while back. Our government still forces them to act independently to an extent. If I'm correct the satellites only transmit over continental USA. All kinds of music, sports and uncensored talk radio. Paid subscription. Hope this helps?

Coming from Australia, home of the dish (NASA), i have a question (rhetorical of course).What is satellite radio and does the Evoque have a dish on it's roof with this option?Not sure if it's an option here. We have digital, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts