Evoque Forums banner

Fuel pump replacing

41K views 60 replies 26 participants last post by  angeli662 
#1 ·
I'm trying to take of the pump but can't find a solution yo take it of direct from the original place(under the back seats)
any videos how to take it of ?
best regards

#2 ·
cocAIn, First, welcome to the forum!

You didn't specify if you have a diesel or a petrol engine. I have a Factory Service Manual, but it is almost all pictures of how to remove components, with very little narrative. I've never seen a manual like this one, must be a British thing:).

There are TWO fuel pumps on a Evoque. The high pressure pump is mounted to the engine, and the low pressure pump is in the fuel tank.

From the manual for a 2.0 liter Petrol Engine:

"The high-pressure pump is mechanically driven by the camshaft via a plunger. During the downward stroke of the pump
piston, fuel is delivered to the cylinder at a pressure supplied by the fuel tank mounted low pressure fuel pump. On the
upward stroke of the piston the fuel in the cylinder is compressed. If the pressure from the pump exceeds the pressure in
the fuel rail the fuel is delivered into the fuel rail via the high pressure outlet and a pipe."

Are you sure it is the low pressure pump that is your problem? It looks from the pictures in the manual, you have to remove the fuel tank to get at the pump.
The manual I have is in PDF format, so I can't cut and paste the pictures into a post.

#44 ·
cocAIn, First, welcome to the forum!

You didn't specify if you have a diesel or a petrol engine. I have a Factory Service Manual, but it is almost all pictures of how to remove components, with very little narrative. I've never seen a manual like this one, must be a British thing:).

There are TWO fuel pumps on a Evoque. The high pressure pump is mounted to the engine, and the low pressure pump is in the fuel tank.

From the manual for a 2.0 liter Petrol Engine:

"The high-pressure pump is mechanically driven by the camshaft via a plunger. During the downward stroke of the pump
piston, fuel is delivered to the cylinder at a pressure supplied by the fuel tank mounted low pressure fuel pump. On the
upward stroke of the piston the fuel in the cylinder is compressed. If the pressure from the pump exceeds the pressure in
the fuel rail the fuel is delivered into the fuel rail via the high pressure outlet and a pipe."

Are you sure it is the low pressure pump that is your problem? It looks from the pictures in the manual, you have to remove the fuel tank to get at the pump.
The manual I have is in PDF format, so I can't cut and paste the pictures into a post.
Hello I have a 2014 range rover evoque pure 2 door coup. My check engine light came on and the diagnostic said it was low pressure fuel sensor I changed it and still hear a whining noise when I excellerate the throttle while driving and its coming from either the engine or the tank, not sure which one but I can hear the whine in there, the codes on the list were p008B 3x's, low pressure fuel system pressure-too high and p0089 1x fuel pressure regulator performance and u0001-82 high speed can communication bis. Any answers what the whining noise can be. The truck drives and still start up.

#9 ·
So I took it in yesterday and got it back this morning. The Fuel Pressure sensor was bad and was replaced. They also found that one of the spark plugs was miss firing. I replaced the plugs at 50k and am now at 87k. The tech indicated that the Autolite plugs that I used were not the best choice and he put in an NGK. I suppose that I'll change out the other three to NGK. BTW the sensor was $190 at the dealer here in East Tennessee.

#23 ·
Hi, can you also send me the pages that show the connections of the fuel pump in the tank. I have replaced the pump in the tank and prior to installing the tank back, I tried to test if fuel was coming out of the pump. There was not even a trickle from the output pipe but I could see that the pump was churning the diesel around the outside body of the motor. Any help would be appreciated.

#27 ·
Hi, sorry for ressurection the thread.

I have P008A in my 2014 evoque 2.0 petrol, check engine on but engine runs smooth. So decide to replace the low fuel pump.

Apparently, the previous owner had modified the pump. The problem is, there is a hose fitting at the new pump (circled in red at the picture). Does anyone know what hose connect to?

Thank you

This is the new pump.
Toy Wire Cable Audio equipment Electrical wiring

This is the old pump
Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Wood Crankset Automotive tire

#34 ·
I am new to the group, but very interested in getting any information on the fuel pump change. I have a 2012 gas evoque throwing a P008A and P008B code. I have replaced both high and low pressure sensors on the fuel rail. Now I am thinking I need to replace the high pressure (direct injection) fuel pump on the engine (not the one in the tank). I have researched the part and there is a Bosch part 66800 for $200 and a Delphi part for $495. Honestly they look absolutely the same. Any help with part numbers, advice, pictures, tutorials or anything else someone might find helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thanks