Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, those of you with Evoques - post your best stories of gawkers as you drive the car around!

This car is so new and the styling is so distinctive that many people are stunned when they see it. Here in SoCal, I've had people walk up to it in the parking lot and peek through the windows. Once I was still in the car, typing away on my phone! Another time, someone turning across my lane stuck his head out the window and almost clipped another car when he deviated from his line. Yet again, I passed a couple walking on the sidewalk, and the wife took off her sunglasses and open-mouthed gawked at me - as I watched them in the rear-view mirror, I saw her punch her husband in the arm and point back at my car. ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used to get a lot of people pulling up beside me asking me about it. There were a lot at gas stations too. But here in LA there are a lot of them now. When I had it last year though it was pretty rare.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The guy at the inspection station said he had never seen one before and it was really nice. The most common comment amongst friends and family is it looks like a rocket ship (I have the 3 door).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Even on the test drives (3) the gawkers were rubber necking like crazy. I must admit I got a kick out of it. I'll be waiting another 6 weeks for mine to show up, but I imagine the heads will still be turning later this summer. Now if I could just find the rims I want.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great thread man. I saw my first one (prestige coupe) on the road and followed it for 10 minutes out of my way.Two weeks later, I placed a factory order. Can't wait to receive delivery.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been getting some great "neck breaking" action over here in San Francisco.

A lot of my clients have seen me shoveling change in the meters and walked up to talk about the car.

I've been doing a lot of word of mouth promotion lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts