Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Evoque. Dynamic, fully loaded. I am disappointed because I asked for the 9 spoke gloss black wheels and ended up with the shadow chrome. I am trying to get the dealer to make an exchange. Otherwise, I will need to wait for an aftermarket option. I will give a drive report in a week or two when I get some miles on it.

evoqu1.jpg evoqu2.jpg evoqu3.jpg

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I did have my mind set on the black wheels. The car is getting a clear bra done at the dealers and then I will have it home tomorrow. I will have more time to look at the wheels and come to a decision.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, bad news..... They went to detail my car today for delivery after finishing the clear bra and delivery inspection and now the car will NOT start!!! Is that crazy? So, they have two technicians working with a Land Rover engineer trying to figure out what is going on. So, I hoped to have it home today, but now I need to wait till tomorrow for an update.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clear vinyl applied to the front of the car so there are no rock chips.

If someone wanted to buy the wheels for $2500, I could have the dealer ship to your dealer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats....looks great!:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got a call from the dealer. They can now get the car to start, but only by bypassing the wiring from the front and back of the car. So, now they may need to pull up the carpet? This is crazy. I am getting very discouraged. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. The dealer found that a wiring harness under the carpet on the driver side was loose. That has been repaired. The clear bra will be applied tomorrow and I will "officially" take delivery! I am excited, but disappointed at the same time. I'll post better pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the car home! Runs great, feels great! I now know what the transmission complaint is, but I can look past that. Here are some more pics!!!

evoque (1).JPG evoque (2).JPG evoque (3).JPG evoque (4).JPG evoque (5).JPG

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice color man. I wanted the Stornaway Gray color but I couldn't wait so I bought mine right off the showroom floor. This is a great ride and I'm sure you'll love it, don't worry about your problem, I'm sure it was a one time thing. Good luck and if you want to get rid of those wheels I would be interested in them?? And I wouldn't worry too much about that transmission thing, it seems like everyone on here has heard it in their own cars, so I doubt it's an issue since it's the same thing on every Evoque??? I think it's just the Trans running at very low RPM's to save on efficiency so no need to worry. Good luck and have fun with the EVOQUE!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. I am actually liking the wheels now that I have the car at home in sun light.

The car feels amazing! I am surprised by the feel of the power when you floor it. Pretty decent for a 4 cylinder! I also would like to note that the car feels big inside. Not at all small. Also, there is plenty of viewing outside and the rear window is just fine. The sound system totally kicks my old 2011 BMW M3 premium sound system. The car also feels better built than my M3 did. Much more solid sound when closing the door, quieter ride and more luxurious. Navigation is hands down better than the BMW and bluetooth connectivity was not in my M3 for audio, just phone. So, I am LOVING this car!!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts